The Saginaw Saloon

Wow. 472 User(s) are reading this topic

102 members, 366 guests, 4 anonymous users

First show of the year and only 10 pages? really?

---tom

REALLY????

Crown - Corny, very corny. I enjoyed the entire show, but there was a bit too much cheese for me. Horn line had a beautiful sound as usual, didn't enjoy the guard much other than good soloists. Percussion is vastly better than last year - best drum line sound of the night. They somehow managed to surprise me while making me feel completely at home. Can't wait to see how it gets better.

Bloo - Wow, disappointing. It seems like they took last year and trashed every part of it that brought them to success. Opening part was very interesting and good, but it went downhill from there. Guard uniforms are atrocious. They're going for some sort of intellectual thing, but they lost me completely. Contra feature sounded better at rehearsal. (Keep in mind Bloo was by far my favorite last year - I want to like them more than everyone else!)

Cavies - Out there is a good way to describe this show. Guard members are on stilts for the majority of the show and I just didn't quite get it. The tenor upside down thing was very effective, but I can't bring myself to enjoy their overall performance as much as other groups. Guard was about what I expected. Percussion was typical cavies percussion with dirt, especially from the visual stuff. Brass playing was ok, but it's clear they're completely gone from the beautiful ensemble sound of the early 2000's.

Now blue devils!

boxingfredFred W.

BD unis not bad under the lights ...... Props! Nice sound

Edited by loopin' froot loops