The Saginaw Saloon

I marched 8 total years, was in a corps that has beaten BD, and am familiar with DCI history and STILL think they get a lot of props and cred for a lot of park and blowing and easy to clean drill.

Not ALWAYS, but a lot of it.

They make up for this with incredible difficulty in other portions of their shows. I can think of specific examples from the past 2 years where this happens. Incoming negative rep for positive comment about BD? :)

• Like 4

I have an idea. This year, BD should bring out bar stools and tables. Have a fundraising raffle that will allow a lucky winner/fan to sit at the bar stool and table during the show, on the 50 yard line, on the front hash mark, with unfettered access to draft beer.

Sounds like someone has already had "unfettered access to draft beer"! :shutup:

• Like 2

dont have to constantly run to create effects or make company fronts

NO, but it would be nice to see more than follow the leaders snakes and 8 to 5 drill

• Like 5

I say based on what was posted tonight:

My guess!

Cadets

Cavs

Phan

BD

BC

Crown

SCV

BS

• Like 2

This is what I've always found funny. The average fan who has never marched a DCI corps before can't notice or appreciate the skill level of BD. And if someone who is 'golf clapping' has marched a DCI corps before, grow up. I say this because 'golf clapping' is usually meant as a negative action on these forums.

So... if the average fan who doesn't like a BD show is a moron, is the average fan who does dig it actually above average, because they "get it"??

2011 has officially kicked off folks. :thumbup:

• Like 7

Some might say that on here! Not me!

So... if the average fan who doesn't like a BD show is a moron, is the average fan who does dig it actually above average, because they "get it"??

2011 has officially kicked off folks. :thumbup:

Sounds like someone has already had "unfettered access to draft beer"! :shutup:

Easy plan9. I am kidding.... My BD posts (For the most part) are tongue and cheek. I am a Crown Honk, but I give credit where credit is due.

• Like 1

No, I think some of the other people complaining about it being too hot on DCP are right: pretty much the ONLY area you can *'know' roughly five months ahead of time that it won't be 100 degrees in mid/late-June is the San Diego area. I would TOTALLY be down the Top 8 corps kicking off the season in my backyard!!

**also, if someone can magically know the temperature range of any city six months in advance, please give me at least a hint on next week's lotto numbers :tongue:

**There is a 17 involved. I'm certain of it.