How low can BD go?

I love it when people make a mountain out of a molehill.

Yeah, uh, I'm a BD fan, and even I didn't blink at those opening placements... Especially now that I've seen the other shows... It's going to be an incredibly exciting season.

And to be honest? Placements at this point in the season don't really register, in my mind. It's June. Compared to what we're used to seeing at finals, they all look and sound kinda last-place right now, lol. With some exceptions. BD might wind up 5th at Finals. I really-like-but-don't-love the show enough to really care. As long as they have a good time.

Y'all are just bloodthirsty.:smile: Understandably.

Edited by saxfreq1128

if they could get rid of those giant white boxes and add more creative drill, then I'd be a bigger fan of their show. But those as such a distraction to me this year.

• Like 1

Their staff knows what they have to do.... As Gail Royer used to say, "They'll be competitive."

But it IS a bit refreshing starting a year this way.....

But it IS a bit refreshing starting a year this way.....

You nailed it.

I got FN this year for the first time. The only thing that sucks worse than listening and watching low-fidelity stuff like that is not having it at all, but since we won't get to any shows at all this year, it helps us keep up.

Anyway, the wife watched our kid's corps and felt great about their chances for a win this year. Then she watched some of the other corps and is all worried again. That's the way it should be...and wouldn't it be wonderful if there were really some movement in the rankings as the summer goes on?

My only concern is that if BD DOES finish 3rd or 4th, they abandon lush melodic music like this years and go back to hyper-chopped, unrecognizable music again. I want this years score to become the norm for them again, because this is the first time in YEARS that I'm loving the direction of their show.

• Like 3

Please tell me you arent basing finals seasons placemet for anyone off of a two show experiemtn that has no precedent ??? To even begin to deaw a conclusion on the top five right now would be totally misguided.

Geoffrey

DEFINITELY not, and I thought I kinda made the point that BD, more than any other corps since 1994, has PROVEN that anyone trying to count them out of the hunt is plain ol' naive.

Even if it is fun to speculate, over-analyze early season numbers, etc it is of course impossible to draw ANY conclusions from the first two shows other than three corps have beaten Blue Devils and they have more to overcome at this point in the season than, say, Cavaliers.

i guess we'll have to wait and see?

amen. it's June. I mean I've not been exactly BD's biggest fan the last few years, but anything can happen. I mean how low did Phantom start out in 08?

You mean you love every single amateur writing on the internet? :tongue:

Hey, there is Holiday Inn Express. :tongue: