Southwestern Championship

I do know its ultra early, but this will be my first time attending the Southwestern Championship! :thumbup: And i'm just SO pumped up for the show!

Corps listed in alphabetical order.

Performance order determined during tour.

The Academy - Tempe, AZ

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

Cascades - Seattle, WA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Colts - Dubuque, IA

Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

Glassmen - Toledo, OH

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

Troopers - Casper, WY

Revolution - San Antonio, TX

Genesis - Edinburg, TX

Forte - Grand Prairie, TX

Here is the list of corps performing, times will be determined more than likely in a couple of weeks.

GO GREEN MACHINE!

It's a good venue for watching both drum corps and marching band shows, as I'm sure you know! thumbup.gif

Have a blast when you're there and soak it up!!! cool.gif

It's a good venue for watching both drum corps and marching band shows, as I'm sure you know! thumbup.gif

Have a blast when you're there and soak it up!!! cool.gif

Marching in that stadium was great! I really can't wait for it on Saturday. :thumbup:

Oh I will be cheering so hopefully ya'll will hear me! lol :smile:

Group of 20 or so Troop folks have a reservation there already!

Have fun... good luck to the Troopers too.

Isn't it great also that nobody will have to keep close tabs on the weather report for this show ?

San Antonio weather will be hot, pushing 100 degrees.

Inside the Alamodome is another story. I have been there for numerous drum corps and high school band competitions. It's mostly been cold enough to hang meat in there. Which is great if you're performing at full speed in uniform, not so great if you're wearing a t shirt and shorts. One year I had to buy a sweatshirt at the show, and it wasn't cheap. I always try to bring in something warm to put on, even if it's a hassle. And parking is an adventure there, give yourself plenty of time to catch your favorite show, in case you have to hike from another zip code.

I am extremely excited for this show! I will be performing the national anthem this year with a group of students from UTSA!!!

It's mostly been cold enough to hang meat in there. Which is great if you're performing at full speed in uniform, not so great if you're wearing a t shirt and shorts. One year I had to buy a sweatshirt at the show, and it wasn't cheap. I always try to bring in something warm to put on

It's a good time to wear corps jackets for members and some alum since it's frigid. Don't get that opportunity during the summer much:-) of course never bad to buy a hoodie for your fav corps either!!

You know, I went on tour with Blinn last semester and we played at UTSA.

yeah. i remember that concert. couldn't make it though. lol. :p what do you play?

http://twitter.com/#!/L_Kendrick

(Follow me. You know you want to. :lookaround: ^)

SO pumped for this!

As a warning, this is only my second live competition ever, so I guess when you read my updates, look at them as someone newer to the activity, only started following since the 09 season.

Last year I took a picture at the begining, a big impact moment in the middle, and then one at the end.

I've had a death in the family and won't be able to go this Saturday after all, so if anyone is interested in cheap tickets, just send me a PM. Section 111, row 13, seats 8-7. I selected the online print option so I think I could just send the tickets as an email attachment.