Blue Devils 2011 show is elevator music?

So let's get this straight...we have:

Elevator music - Blue Devils

Elevated music - Cavaliers Blue Stars

Escalator music - Santa Clara

There's a strange synergy here...I think Cesario is behind this somehow!

...and that's not even including Cadets and their heavenly music!

fixed that for you...

fixed that for you...

Well harrumph! I stand corrected! How about this:

Elevator music - Blue Devils

Elevated music - Blue Stars

Escalator music - Santa Clara

Elevation music - Cavaliers

Love in an elevator - Crown

• Like 2

There are so many other great Bacharach songs. Maybe if they replace a couple it might flow better. They are only a few tenths away from the other top corps. A few changes and they may win another one. good luck BD

I guess 14 Championships isn't enough for you

Winning doesn't = Entertainment. It equals winning. I'd venture to say most top 12 corps could stand there and blow as loud as the BD did. Freelancers did it, that was thier signature opener. Too bad they aren't still around.

I haven't seen BD's show live, but in the Theater it was BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I expected so much more from BD doing Burt B. I thought, hey maybe i'll actually like them again. Hopefully they have changed ALOT when I see them next weekend. We'll see.

To the OP - Your are dead on buddy!! :worthy:

To everyone thats hasn't marched and think you know what your talking about but really don't, - shut up! (pre flame response) :devil:

To all those who are young enough to march but just wanna flame instead - Shut up or March! :rock: then after you've been in Drum Corps for a few years come back and talk to me.

To everyone else - your opinion duly noted. :cool:

To all you BD fans that can't get enough of BD and no matter what they do they are AWESOME...well...:doh:

• Like 2

To everyone thats hasn't marched and think you know what your talking about but really don't, - shut up! (pre flame response) :devil:

If this is really how you feel, I'll use this as my reminder to take everything you post with a grain of salt.

I would really enjoy getting stuck in an elevator if 2011 BD was blasting through the speakers. I love their book this year! I just hope the props being used this year will enhance their show come August, because right now they feel like a distraction.

Good to know we have are priorities in line here...

Dear kids, all that matters in the arts is whether you win or lose. Who cares that most of your audience doesn't appreciate you, we are winning.

I think you might have missed what he or she was trying to say with that.

• Like 1

I very much like this year's music offering from BD...but I wanted to say that this post is indicative of a problem.

A person's name does not automatically mean that everything that person produces is solid gold. It is not acceptable to coast on reputation. And while I am not saying Wayne does that, a lot of times fans of these people DO.

It isn't acceptable to simply throw out a name and then assume that that answers all questions and should silence all critics. There is not a single person in the history of music who has written nothing but earth-shattering awesomeness from start to finish. There isn't even someone who hasn't written at least one clunker. It's the reality of music and the subjective nature of taste.

Wayne Downey has achieved many great things. That does not mean that Wayne Downey achieves great things every single time out. To insinuate otherwise is pure arrogance. You cannot dismiss the opinion of someone so flippantly.

That may all be true...but this years is one of my all time favorite BD shows. And it is hands down my favorite of all corps this year.