Academy's tour schedule

I don't like how Academy does this every year. Go back to open class if you want a limited tour.

Yeah... i dont know why DCI did the 'regional touring' div 1. WC should be for full touring corps (making all the regionals), OC for those that are more limited. Could help open class too by increasing the performance level there.

Either that or just end the separate divisions altogether at this point. OC is smaller every year.

• Like 1

I don't like how Academy does this every year. Go back to open class if you want a limited tour.

Per DCI's own definition, "full tour" is San Antonio through championships. The only "limited tour" corps in world-class right now is Jersey Surf.

Interesting how the complaints about "limited" touring are always in proportion to how many corps are losing to the lesser-traveled unit.

• Like 3

Per DCI's own definition, "full tour" is San Antonio through championships. The only "limited tour" corps in world-class right now is Jersey Surf.

Interesting how the complaints about "limited" touring are always in proportion to how many corps are losing to the lesser-traveled unit.

well... if Academy can show the secret to getting in the Top 12 is fewer shows and other corps follow their lead, I don't see how that is good for DCI.

• Like 1

When almost all the corps are at Minneapolis, most would consider it part of the 'full tour' , whether it is officially or not.

I think academy gets targeted a bit here because they were already halfway to minnesota by coming to denver when they turned around and headed home for 2 weeks. I imagine the costs wouldntve been hugely different to come to MN and either just camp out somewhere there or on the way for the week or do a show or two along the route (Waukee or Sioux Falls perhaps) Pioneer also deserves some wtfs for not coming to the regional 300mi from home.

They operate within their financial means. They don't want to do a limited tour, they do what they have to. Would you rather them not exist at all?

If they want to operate within their financial means, then go back to open class.

• Like 3

If they want to operate within their financial means, then go back to open class.

<rant>

No offense to open class corps. But looks like there wouldn't be too much excitement for those championships... But hey with the new format there might be an open class corps in world class finals. Just wondering, would you say the same if Cadets, Cavaliers, etc were in the same financial/limited tour schedule as Academy?

</rant>

I'd buy this idea with the following stipulation. If Academy "should" return to OC until they either decide to operate with financial recklessness, and/or are willing to tour a "complete tour" as defined by DCP pundits ( rather than by DCI), then all those corps who tour a full tour by DCP definition but who also field shows inferior to that of The Academy's ALSO be asked to return to OC until they "can get it right". :ph34r:

I thought we had pretty much talked this one to death last season, but I guess not. (sigh).

• Like 1