DCI Minnesota 16 July 2011

thes placements seem a little wack to anyone else?

• Like 1

BD beat the cadets...?

I'm a bd fan, and even I think that's odd.

Oh. and CONGRATS CC!!! :thumbup::worthy::thumbup::worthy:

(and congrats cavies.)

Edited by saxfreq1128

ummm I dont agree with Phantom beating Bluecoats

I also dont agree with a 1.5 point spread between Cavies and Crown.

Its interesting that BD, Cadets and Crown are in .4 of each other.

• Like 3

as I said earlier, no one is touching the cavies... they just widened the gap! go crown!!! go phantom!!!!

• Like 1

Cavies 1.5 pointed both Crown and BD? :blink: That's why I'm not a judge. :cool:

I liked 'em all, but I loved Crown and Phantom. Music is the main reason why.

Edited by wvu80

I don't think Cadets are clean enough to place top 2, maybe 3 or 4. It doesn't matter. Great show!

I really enjoy Blue Devils. I know some don't, but they just play so well, and I really do like their music this year. They march their butts off, even if the drill isn't always the most demanding. I think it's effective. The GE is beginning to come together for them.

Crown was maybe the cleanest of the night. They need to sell the GE hit points a bit more, especially with the Rachmaninoff music, but brass is wonderful. Crown and BD have fabulous brass.

Congrats to the Bluecoats! That show is really starting to take shape. What a brass sound!!! WOW! Percussion was hot tonight too!

Love Phantom's musical book and the show is classy! GE will be tough to add due to some programming issues.

The Cavaliers are wonderful visually, but I am not digging the music. Still too much effect-based writing for the sake of visual production. But they are great performers. They are clean and winning big now, but I am not convinced this show wins come Finals.

The Cadets, as I said at the top, are still dirty, but from top-to-bottom that show = MAGNIFICENT!!!! IF they clean it (with all those large-scale moving forms) then they ultimately win the title. If not, still an awesome show, but probably 2nd or 3rd come finals.

SCV is frenetic, demanding, and the show has energy. No doubt about it, but the energy seems fragmented and the GE is lagging because of this. The show may be too difficult to pull off, and even if clean, will it say what they want it to?

Madison Scouts, you guys ROCK! That is the best opener on the field. The show has a few lulls, and the closer still needs work visually. Still, I love the show!

Boston Crusaders = YES! Love the show. Only portion I think needs some work is the ending. The visual and music need some umph at the end, but otherwise I like this show a lot. Madison and SCV better watch out!

More later,

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 3

5th... :ph34r:

I can go to bed happy now... it's 4.15am here.

• Like 1

Bozzly --- Paging Bozzly :rolleyes: