DCI Minnesota 16 July 2011

You're all terrible people, really. I hate people who just sit behind a freaking keyboard all day and bash, quite frankly it pisses me off. You can dislike a show, but you're all going too far. NO other corps is getting that. :thumbdown: BD's a great corps that's performing a HELL of a program and pulling it off. They sold me tonight, I love it. :thumbup:

Trust me dude, this is tame compared to hate from a few years back when Cadets were talking, Cavaliers weren't loud enough, and Blue Devils were playing Godfather.

• Like 1

Okay, who LIKED BD?! I did.

I don't care about their movement or lack of, they sounded amazing!

• Like 3

You knew that would be the case. In the end, the BD hate is misplaced jealousy at the success they've had. People don't hate on groups that have only had moderate success. It's why very few people hate on Phantom.

very true........good point..so much for human nature...lol

Okay, who LIKED BD?! I did.

I like their music but drillwise not demanding enough for their current position and talent

I absolutely love what BD is doing. Not only does the brass sound out of this world, but you can't tell me that certain shows have more clarity of intent. I couldn't tell where the heck I was supposed to look or what I was supposed to listen to half the time for Cavies. It was just a big cluster of bad transitions (granted, they're still marching and playing their butts off). The percussion writing is also completely different than what anyone else is doing - for example, the 2 against 3 section in the beginning of Little Prayer is amazing. No other groups attempt and succeed with something that complicated front-to-back. It's unreal.

• Like 2

okay, the word hate is being used too much. I dislike BD when they are boring. Is that better? They sound awesome every year, just not my thing.

• Like 1