It works both ways in my opinion. Every Corps has judges that tend to like their favorite Corps show or section this year, and those judges that tend to not be so favorable to liking the show or the section. No Corps is immune to this. Its human nature. In most judging panels of 8 they'll be judges that are inclined a bit to like the show or section, and those that are less inclined to like it.

The fact of the matter is, life is not fair. Sometimes the luck of the draw on Finals Night will be a favorable draw re. judges and sometimes it won't be. Such is life. In 2008, Phantom Regiment could not have had a more favorable percussion judges draw, nor BD a worse one. Phantom deserved to win. But they got the luck of the draw that evening too re. the percussion judging for the nite. At other Finals however, BD got a better luck of the draw. You need BOTH luck AND skill to prevail when competitors are so close in talent levels. It's rarely just one over the other. If the Cavs got a bad draw in you opinion in Atlanta, then maybe they'll get lucky when it counts on Finals Night. Then again, maybe they'll get unlucky then too. Such is life. All you can do is be prepared to do your best, and let the chips fall where they fall.

Exactly right, the judging panel has and always will be a factor finals week, just as the sun will rise in the east, one judge"s opinion could very well knock a oorps out of finals. All summer, every critigue is " what did you like and what can I do better, but if you're not judging the week of finals, I don't think it matters. pardon the spelling

[/quote

Im not counting anyone out and I respect what BK does this year,but Bostons show will have more small changes ,will be cleaner and bares watching. There are those non believers that feel Boston and BK and Madison cant go any higher. tonight Boston got a 86.1 SCV got 87.0 and bluecoats got 86.95 If BK beat Boston and Madison why isnt it happening now

:sarcasm:

WOW, seriously Boston is adding a few small changes? Too bad "ALL" the other corps haven't figured out they should do that too!

Thanks for the info on Boston though, but a little birdie told "me" they would probably add to their show and work on cleaning too! Yep, the other corps know their entire drill and have quit adding so they just work a few hours a day cleaning then sit and eat bon-bons! You're very knowledgeable and an asset to all of us that are reading this now wondering to ourselves, "Gee, I wonder why the other corps haven't thought about adding something new 'AND' clean their shows too! What a concept! :doh:

And that's all I have to say to you, genius!

• Like 1

Changing topic discussion for a sec, Atlanta is always our mini-vacation of the year. Can anyone from the area recommend a nice local place to eat? We're staying in the Buckhead area. Thanks in advance!

Changing topic discussion for a sec, Atlanta is always our mini-vacation of the year. Can anyone from the area recommend a nice local place to eat? We're staying in the Buckhead area. Thanks in advance!

Try Flip Burger Boutique. It is run by one of the "Top Chef" chefs. It has some wonderful, alternative burgers.

There are a lot of great places to eat in Atlanta. JCT Kitchen is delicious! I'm not too familiar with options right in Buckhead but the Midtown area has A LOT to offer. Let me know a type of food you are looking for and I'm happy to recommend!

Don't know about Buckhead area, but we like the Metro Cafe Diner, they are open 24 hours, have a bar downstairs and family tables on second floor. Check our their website: http://www.metrocafediner.com/

Edited by engsubman

Wow. Pretty much the worst panel possible for The Cavaliers. Wouldn't be shocked if they lost to BD & the Cadets.

And of course that could never have anything to do with the performances of BD or the Cadets........nahh. :blink:

• Like 2