Your Favorite Corps After MN & SA

Exactly, I don't like it because they are just doing the same stuff as with the 2000-2006 editions. It is boring. The show lacks emotion, it lacks cheese. I like to be entertained, you know the way drum corps used to be.

This is the other problem I have with the other Cavaliers shows from the past 12 seasons that I didn't mention above. I cannot find any heart, soul or emotion in the show. That is why it feels so mechanical and lacking of melody for me.

This is not to the quoted poster, but rather a couple posters later. I also want to say that if you're going to completely dismiss my opinions or the opinions of other people because they differ from yours, then you need to think again. In your opinion the Cavaliers 2011 production is the most amazing thing ever. Cool. Glad you feel that way. I do not and I am not the only one. I understand that people don't think that Crown's 2011 production is the best on the field this year. That is their opinion. I don't slam them for it.

Michael Cesario stated in the 7/11/11 DCI Field Pass Presented by Ziljian (**crash!**) that there were a couple corps who basically respond to what he's trying to do with "We get your message, Mike, but we've got our own way of doing it and we're going to shove it up your nose." I have a strong feeling that one of the corps he's talking about there are the Cavaliers.

• Like 1

I know my post here is going to be off topic, but I feel it has to be said.

There have been quite a few shows recently that I would say do fit this description. I have found certain Cavaliers shows of the past 12 seasons to be WAY too mechanical. Exceptions would be Niagara Falls (2000), Four Corners (2001), Spin Cycle (2003), 007 (2004) and Samurai (2008). I know they are the Green Machine ... but that doesn't mean they should abandon musicality and melody.

Someone else in this thread was talking about how some people don't dig visual over music and that's the only reason we don't like Cavaliers. This is Drum and Bugle Corps! Not Marching and Maneuvering Corps! Visual is supposed to add to the music and not take precedence. I'm sorry. I go to a Drum Corps show to be moved by the music the corps are playing and when Visual takes precedence ... the musical program ends up failing ... in my opinion. That is why the Cavaliers shows, for the most part, have mostly been boring to me over the past 12 seasons.

This year's show is probably the grossest example of my point. I feel like they sat down to design a visual program based on the most gimmicky visuals they could think of ... things not normally seen in Drum Corps ... and then built the music around it. It is the epitome of mechanical for me.

Sorry ... just had to get that off my chest.

To each his own.

The ULTIMATE goal of every corps (except pioneer) is to win DCI.

Some choose different paths. Cavaliers choose to take the visual approach instead. Nothing wrong with that. I promise you the kids there are STILL getting the experience of a lifetime. Which is mostly what drum corps is all about right?

If Cavaliers truly abandoned music, they wouldn't be placing so high in music captions. Your definition of "music" could be very different from another person.

I honestly wouldn't expect a hardcore Phantom or Crown fan to like the green team, especially since they're all about the classical approach. And that's fine.

And as for the "Gimmicks"? You wanna know how the upside down thing started?? The tenor players sent a video to Mike Mcintosh of them joking around with the upside down tenors.

As a FMM, i think it's pretty neat how the staff allows the kids to have their input on what they can put in the show. Which makes the experience that much better.

A show titled XtraordinarY sounds like there's gonna be some pretty cool stuff to see. Most people really don't want to just stand their and listen to music. If they wanted that they'd go to an orchestra concert

or go see a brass band. They come to see things they don't normally see, which is EXACTLY what the Cavaliers do.

I personally can't stand Carolina Crown. But i do respect what they do and how they do it.

• Like 1

Got back yesterday, LOVED the show.

1) Blue Knights (Videos don't do this show justice, you gotta see it live)

2) Blue Stars

3) Phantom Regiment

4) Bluecoats

5) Troopers

6) Spirit of Atlanta

7) Crossmen

8) Carolina Crown

9) The Cadets

10) Blue Devils

11) Cavaliers

12) Pacific Crest

Basing this only on my favorites, not what I think should be scoring the best, which would be a very different list.

1. Cadets

2. SCV

3. Crown

4. Cavaliers

5. Blue Devils

6. Madison Scouts

7. Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Spirit of Atlanta

10.Bluecoats

Edited by Lance

1) Cadets

2) Phantom

3) Cavaliers

4) BK

5) Madison

6) Crown

7) SCV

8) Boston

9) The Academy

10) Velvet Knights

Really?

I guess I'm truly surprised by what people find to be their favorites this year. I'm nowhere near in line with many of these opinions... oh well.

I LOVE 2011 CROSSMEN! And I've never really considered myself a Crossmen fan, at all! This year I find them to be a breath of fresh air in a rather stale offering of shows across the board. Just one person's opinion.

CADETS

CROSSMEN

PHANTOM

MADISON

BK

CROWN

YOUR RIGHT CROSSMEN although so far placing 17th are on most of these lists..

FAN FAVORITE FOR 2011

Edited by Jerseyboy

Here are mine and a few surprises on here as well!

1. Cadets

2. Blue Knights

3. Pacific Crest (loud as hell last note of the show!!!)

4. Academy

5. Bluecoats

6. Troopers

7. Academy

8. Spirit of Atlanta

9. Crossmen

10. BD (and this is saying a lot if you've read my past 2 seasons show reviews)

There are a lot of great products out there this season and it made this list very hard to come up with. The none finalists are way underrated this season and I feel more people should definitely make an effort to see quarters and semis this season. These corps are definitely worth seeing!!!

1. Vanguard

2. Crown

3. Cadets

4. Madison Scouts

5. Boston

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Cascades

9. Bluecoats

10. The Academy

The Madison Scouts completely blew me away in Minnesota and I thought they could have

ended up in 5th place with that show design and that performance. They have done a great

job of maintaining the Madison Scouts style yet adding a high degree of artistry to it. Really

surprised that they are not even in the top 8 right now.

Yeah dude, I am with you.

Edited by thirdcoast