Dear DCI Judges . . .

there's 3 weeks left. the top 4 all have a lot to offer, some with more to clean than others. anything can happen

This is DCP, you can't say anything bad about the Blue Devils, you know that. :tongue:

But seriously, I don't see why what the OP said is wrong. I'm kind of with him, there are times I think BD is over-scored, namely the visual and brass departments, but that's just me. It's not cause I'm jealous of their success, Yeah, I know they have so many titles and caption awards, but I've just never seen what's so amazing. I try and be civil, and find things to enjoy. (I did love their brass book last year). But it's the Blue Devils. They do exactly what it is that they do the best. And to me, that's take the judges sheets, and design a show to match those.

BUt having a member from EVERY World Class Corps in their corps, guess there are a lot of ring chasers out there.... :thumbdown: Switching corps to rook-out just always rubbed me the wrong way.

• Like 7

Do you really think a 4th plac for BD in brass, a half point behing Crown is overscored?

Do you really think a 4th plac for BD in brass, a half point behing Crown is overscored?

Not the 4th in brass, I think that's a bit under where they should be, but the visual package, yes. They got first recently in visual design. That seems overscored to this observer. IMO, of course

I've been a fan of the Blue Devils for 20 years and I am still a BD fan. I've worked for the Blue Devils. But this year, in my opinion, they are being given far too much credit. It seems obvious to me that at this time, they are a fourth place corps and apparently, the DCI Judges are trading on the BD name and history when they should be putting Crown and Cadets ahead of them. Neither Crown or The Cadets are getting the credit they deserve and BD is being given too much. Dear DCI Judges: I've checked it out and believe it or not, it's not illegal to put Blue Devils in fourth place. The world will not come to an end. Blue Devils deserve all the success they've received up until this year. It is obvious to me that BD simply doesn't have a top three show this year. DCI Judges: please be honest and fair and stop letting corps name and history mark your judging sheets for you. It's just not right, in fact, it's a form of cheating. I'm just asking that you have integrity and be fair and honest to ALL corps. It sure doesn't seem at all like that is what is happening in the standings at this point. Do the right thing, DCI Judges. Do your job the way you're supposed to do your job: be impartial and fair to ALL

Wow, this one wins the recreational whining award so far this year. Or the best sarcasm that I have read. Not sure how to respond.

I've been a fan of the Blue Devils for 20 years and I am still a BD fan. I've worked for the Blue Devils. But this year, in my opinion, they are being given far too much credit. It seems obvious to me that at this time, they are a fourth place corps and apparently, the DCI Judges are trading on the BD name and history when they should be putting Crown and Cadets ahead of them. Neither Crown or The Cadets are getting the credit they deserve and BD is being given too much. Dear DCI Judges: I've checked it out and believe it or not, it's not illegal to put Blue Devils in fourth place. The world will not come to an end. Blue Devils deserve all the success they've received up until this year. It is obvious to me that BD simply doesn't have a top three show this year. DCI Judges: please be honest and fair and stop letting corps name and history mark your judging sheets for you. It's just not right, in fact, it's a form of cheating. I'm just asking that you have integrity and be fair and honest to ALL corps. It sure doesn't seem at all like that is what is happening in the standings at this point. Do the right thing, DCI Judges. Do your job the way you're supposed to do your job: be impartial and fair to ALL

THANK YOU! Good to see I'm not the only one with the same view.

They are well on their way to winning drums this year.

They are marching better than anybody out there.

Color guard is spinning well.

It would not surprise me at all to see them win brass.

Nor would it surprise me at all to see them win it all given the ground they have made up in recent weeks.

I don't know about BD winning drums

Yes, color guard is spinning well, but probably won't win guard

Crown will win brass

BD is not winning GE to have a real shot at winning it all.

With that being said after viewing their performance at San Antonio they have cleaned the h*ll out of their show which is what they are being rewarded for, right now. Nothing against BD but I do see them finishing 4th at Indy on August 13th.

Irving

Fan of the Arts