How many think Cadets 2 will be the death of other corps

If a corps' inception is claimed to be the cause of the death of another corps, the deceased corps did not do their own due diligence in keeping their own corps alive and it's time to look within to fix said problems then waste time pointing fingers.

• Like 2

I just heard that Reading is planning on starting Buccaneers Deux in response to Cadets2. They will only allow DCI World Class Alumni under the age of 25 to march with them. I fully expect this corps to give the Buccaneers a run for their money in 2012. :rolleyes:

If a corps' inception is claimed to be the cause of the death of another corps, the deceased corps did not do their own due diligence in keeping their own corps alive and it's time to look within to fix said problems then waste time pointing fingers.

Amen!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

+1 from me....

I'm wondering how it would play if:

1) GH would want to create a all-age corps without the upper age restriction.

2) If someone other than GH, or someone with a "safe" rep would create a corps with the age restriction

Hell just wish the Internet had been around in 1975 when Rochester Phoenix was created and made DCA top 5 the first year. Had to have been at least as much fun as this.

I think BigW said it best,............the announcement was a trial balloon,........lets see what happens,............it may be that it works out well for them with a 25 top age limit, but then again, it may not,.........

I second Mike's AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL corps SHOULD FOCUS ON THEMSELVES!!!!!! ALL THE TIME! If you have it built right there should not be a problem and life will be good!

Best of luck to all corps in 2012!

George

If you will, an analogy:

Back in the late 70s, a good friend of mine rang me and told me he and his brother were going to open up an Italian restaurant. He took me to the building he intended to lease. It was in a "restaurant row" area, with a huge concentration of eateries.

Still a stripling, knowing nothing of the biz (or marketing in general), I said, "Why here? There's too much competition."

He simply said, "People come here to eat." He went ahead with his plans; the joint was an instant hit, eventually expanding three times over the years. The place thrived for about 30 years, until the owner of the block decided to sell the entire complex to office developers.

Yes, I do think Cadets Deux will only strengthen and augment DCA. I'll go further and opine that this is one of the freshest, most innovative concepts to hit the entire activity in years.

Yes, I do think Cadets Deux will only strengthen and augment DCA. I'll go further and opine that this is one of the freshest, most innovative concepts to hit the entire activity in years.

I will go along with that,..............and honestly, I can see the possibility of some open class DCI corps following suit in the near future,...............

I will go along with that,..............and honestly, I can see the possibility of some open class DCI corps following suit in the near future,...............

What would be interesting to me is if C2 reamins mainly a feeder to Cadets. Then you'd have a corps with low age and less corps experience but with a staff that know it's stuff and the finanical backing to do really good things. Scores and placings would be interesting with the good (staff, $$$) balancing off with the bad (low experience).

Started with a corps that had low experience back in the tic system days so should be a hoot seeing what happens today...

I don't think Cadets2 will necessarily kill off any current DCA corps. They should be welcomed to the circuit. Another corps can never be a truly bad thing. Hopefully they will be competitive.

On that tangent- you know, the proximity of Reading to harrisburg really never had any effect on Westshore and Bucs BITD. Both found people who liked being with both organizations and stayed and kept at it.

For certain, the Bucs had absolutely nothing to do with killing off Westshore. it was the internal issues that did it in, not some other organization "stealing" people....