The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

.....and amazingly, the Cavaliers finish first AND fifth.

They then demand an additional vote on the DCI BOD.

Hopkins and Gibbs immediately protest, not because a corps finished in 2 positions, but because their incessantly carping and whining voices are now a little quieter...

The Cavaliers director says "huh, what happened?"

Isn't it nearly time for there to be another tie at the top?

1. Cavaliers

1. Crown

3. Phantom

4. Devils

5. Cavaliers

5. Cadets

7. Blue Coats

8. SCV

8. Boston

10. Madison

10. Blue Stars

12. Blue Knights

All corps in the top 10 will score in the 90's with less than a 2 point spread between the top 6 corps. Crown dominates most of the second half of the season and has to fight off a hugely surging Cavalier corps in the final two weeks of competition. Devils lose the most ground after dominating the first half of the season. Phantom also surges from a consistant 5th or 6th throughout the season to a third place finish, passing the devils by the slimist of margins. Crossmen, unfortunatly, do not make finals again...

.....and amazingly, the Cavaliers finish first AND fifth.

They then demand an additional vote on the DCI BOD.

Hopkins and Gibbs immediately protest, not because a corps finished in 2 positions, but because their incessantly carping and whining voices are now a little quieter...

The Cavaliers director says "huh, what happened?"

Not sure, but I think the poster put The Cavaliers first or fifth because it'll be one or the other. Like if The Cavaliers don't place first they will get fifth. And if they don't get fifth they will finish in first.

My predictions change pretty regularly so I won't make very specific predictions again. I see the top 5 all remaining with maybe a little shifting between them. Boston moves up unless SCV and Coats come up with more fan friendly shows. Blue Stars should remain in top and maybe move up a bit. Hopefully last years show was just a design fluke. I predict a fight all season for the last spot in the top 12 with Scouts, The Academy and hopefully Crossmen. I know I will get trashed here for not putting Scouts higher, but a loud hornline is not the only basis for a great show. Remember all the people that had them top 5 or 6 last year because of what were thought to be some good staffing changes? Still love em' but you got to have a better visual program.

• Like 4

I'm not sure why you are predicting Boston to have it lowest placement in 14 years. If your reasoning is that there hasn't been much, if any, off-season hype on DCP about BAC, there never is. And, I won't engage in any hyperbole here...I will only note that unlike the three teams immediately above Boston in last year's finals placements, the corps is preparing for 2012 with the same Visual Designer, Brass Caption Head, Percussion Caption Head, and Guard Caption Head as last year.

In a non slotting competition groups can drop. Look at WGI. Northcoast Academy went from like 7-11-5 in three years. Just because a group has success for a period of time doesnt mean other groups cant also get better. Im not saying BAC will fall but im saying that there is a possibility they can.

In a non slotting competition groups can drop. Look at WGI. Northcoast Academy went from like 7-11-5 in three years. Just because a group has success for a period of time doesnt mean other groups cant also get better. Im not saying BAC will fall but im saying that there is a possibility they can.

Based on the 2009 Phantom Regiment, you are correct,

• Like 1

Blue Devils

Cadets

Cavaliers

Madison

SCV

Crown

Phantom

Bluecoats

Crossmen

Boston