Make Finals outdoors, PLEASE!

Imagine what someone my age now or older might feel under the same blistering circumstances after a full day of corps.

So... what are you trying to say here???

That I'm a broken-down old man and can't take the heat????

Geez... so much for respecting your elders. :lol:

Seriously... good point, Mike, and I agree. As much as I like warm weather compared to cold... I'll take a day in that nice air-conditioned domed stadium any time over an all-day sweatfest.

I'd prefer outdoors but LOS is great if you arent picky about the sound.

I'd like a finals rotation tho

...I'd like a finals rotation tho

Unit vectors in the direction of and are given by the normalized eigenvectors of the matrix (AAT) -1 . See figure. Unit vectors in the direction of and are given by the normalized eigenvectors of the matrix (AT A) -1 . If B is a matrix whose columns consist of the normalized eigenvectors of (AAT) -1 and C is a matrix whose columns consist of the normalized eigenvectors of (AT A) -1 then A can be written as the product:

A = BDC -1

where D is a diagonal matrix. C effects the first rotation, D effects the two perpendicular elongations / compressions, and B effects the final rotation.

ole4.gif

• Like 1

Sorry, LOS and the city of Indy have way to many positives to move. 1 negative is not going to change things.

• Like 2

I remember suffering from signs of heatstroke after a full day of prelims in the heat of Birmingham in 1980. I realized during Blue Stars (who I think was the last corps on in Prelims) that I couldn't take it anymore, and so I got up as they were about to begin to walk up the steps to get in the shade at the top of the upper deck. Someone in an aisle seat stood up and literally grabbed me, asking if I was okay, as I must have looked so bad. They helped me up and after a HUGE Coke and some ice, I was okay. I may have been short on fluids, but my point is I was 24-years-old. Imagine what someone my age now or older might feel under the same blistering circumstances after a full day of corps.

DCI Minnesota is a great example of trying to deal with the heat... even in the shade it was just plain nasty.

• Like 2

Unit vectors in the direction of and are given by the normalized eigenvectors of the matrix (AAT) -1 . See figure. Unit vectors in the direction of and are given by the normalized eigenvectors of the matrix (AT A) -1 . If B is a matrix whose columns consist of the normalized eigenvectors of (AAT) -1 and C is a matrix whose columns consist of the normalized eigenvectors of (AT A) -1 then A can be written as the product:

A = BDC -1

where D is a diagonal matrix. C effects the first rotation, D effects the two perpendicular elongations / compressions, and B effects the final rotation.

ole4.gif

I think I just went cross-eyed!!!!

Call me a whimp and weenie, but i like the tempature controlled venue.

• Like 1

DCI Minnesota is a great example of trying to deal with the heat... even in the shade it was just plain nasty.

And this in a city that is loaded with skywalks because it's so far north and so freakin' cold in the winter.

Having seen all 3 dome shows this year (San Antonio, Atlanta and Indy) I gotta say I was really pleased with the accostics in Indy. Yeah there was the reverb after notes were released, but the drums were much clearer in Indy than in San Antonio (bad) and Atlanta (awful). I sat in roughly the same area in all three stadiums (between the 45s, about 23 rows up). Perhaps in the upper and outer sections the sound may not have been that good.

Given the risk of rainouts, the high cost of tickets and travel plans I agree that finals needs to be in a dome. Or moved to Los Angeles........which is not a bad idea.

As much as I enjoy the idea of a DCI World Championship being out west, I doubt it will happen. From a marketing standpoint, broadcasting the Quarterfinals live would be a nightmare past the Central Time Zone.

Eastern Time Zone Quarterfinals:

630p to 1130p (EST) - 330p to 830p (PST)

Western Time Zone Quarterfinals:

630p to 1130p (PST) - 930p to 230p (EST)

No one would watch. It'd be a massive failure for the broadcast.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they had the quarterfinals broadcast in 2007 when the Finals were in Cali.....just sayin..

I LOVE THE INDOOR FINALS! My first indoor show was at the RCA Dome (LOS' predecessor in Indy) in 2004 and let me tell you, that was the most miserable day I have ever had. The echo was awful.

Fast forward 2 years and I attended the first show at Atlanta's Georgia Dome. It was MUCH MUCH better, but not perfect. I still enjoy going to Atlanta b/c of the "guarantee" I'll see a show. Even when God sends torrential rain and it floods the upper deck of the stadium when the gutters fail....the show at the GA Dome will go on!

Lucas Oil is great with the large curtains and such. After 3 years now, I think they've worked out most of the kinks. It will ONLY get better there!

Somebody said it earlier in the week. LOS was made retractable for a football team. THAT PLAYS IN THE FALL IN THE MIDWEST! It's not that hot in the FALL IN THE MIDWEST. The Colts would never think of opening that roof in the late summer. Watch their first few games. That roof will be closed! Otherwise LOS would be an oven cooking all of us with NO circulation.

Just because I like all of you though....I will allow you to have Finals outdoors in 2014!

• Like 2