Now That Soloists are Plugged-in

When you assert that all corps (all of them; including the corps which were not allowed to vote) are "Happy" with A&E; and I reply by simply asking you to prove your assertion; then you respond that it must be true because enough corps happened to vote in favor of the A&E rule, the corps are using them in competition, and your strongest answer is for me to prove that they are "Unhappy". Are you telling me that you actually believe this proves "all" corps are "Happy" and that you are utilizing Logical Reasoning to support your position?

Not one has proposed removing them. They have all in integrated their use very well into their shows. so, yes, IMO they are happy using these new elements. Plus, the instructors had been asking for them for a decade or more before they passed. Why would they not be happy? You can't show any real proof that they are unhappy using these elements.

At least one corps has the structural components. All you'd need is the plexi sheets.

I like the idea of putting all the electronics in one plexi box.

Just one snip with the wire cutters takes them all out. :ph34r:

Technically 2 corps this year have the structural components! And between them there are enough cubes to pass one out to each corps. I love this idea lets do it. :ph34r:

I asked how many have made proposals to eliminate A&E...the answer...none.

That is false. A proposal to repeal the amplification rule was submitted by the Blue Stars in 2009.

I asked how many do not use A&E...the answer...none.

Again, false. A number of corps refrain from using A&E. They just aren't in world-class, so I guess you didn't notice.

Not one has proposed removing them. They have all in integrated their use very well into their shows. so, yes, IMO they are happy using these new elements. Plus, the instructors had been asking for them for a decade or more before they passed. Why would they not be happy? You can't show any real proof that they are unhappy using these elements.

a) At least you are now inserting "IMO" into your claim that they are happy, because that is all it is, your opinion. You have presented absolutely no factual information to support your claim.

b) I am not asserting that they are unhappy because I do not know one way or the other; you, however, are the one asserting that they are happy so it is your responsibility to prove your assertion not mine to disprove it.

c) If you can show me "factual" information that all 48 corps registered with DCI have instructors who have been asking for them for years and they all are happy that they now have them, "factual" information that the reason nobody has proposed removing A&E is because all 48 corps are happy with the results of implementation, and "factual" information that all 48 corps registered with DCI are using A&E and they are happy to do so, (your assertions), then you will begin to actually support your claim. Otherwise you have no idea at all on whether or not they all are happy and therefore it is, as you just admitted, only your opinion and speculation that they are happy.

That is false. A proposal to repeal the amplification rule was submitted by the Blue Stars in 2009.

Again, false. A number of corps refrain from using A&E. They just aren't in world-class, so I guess you didn't notice.

DOH!!!... I really want to read the response from MikeD on this one to find out how these corps are "Happy" with A&E!!!

Edited by Stu

DOH!!!... I really want to read the response from MikeD on this one to find out how these corps are "Happy" with A&E!!!

Seriously? Are y'all really trying to assert that there is a viable effort under way to repeal A&E? That there is some critical mass of corps so unhappy with A&E that they're going to pull the plug for all any minute? And after a year in which fans praised the summer which included more corps employing synths?

Someone needs to catch me up on these developments. Maybe start with the status of the Blue Stars 2009 proposal to repeal A&E. When does that take effect?

HH

Seriously? Are y'all really trying to assert that there is a viable effort under way to repeal A&E? That there is some critical mass of corps so unhappy with A&E that they're going to pull the plug for all any minute? And after a year in which fans praised the summer which included more corps employing synths?

Someone needs to catch me up on these developments. Maybe start with the status of the Blue Stars 2009 proposal to repeal A&E. When does that take effect?

HH

Nope; no assertion on our part at all. The assertion comes from MikeD who maintains that they (ie all corps) are "happy" with the current status of A&E, that all corps are using A&E, and his claim that no corps has offered up a repeal; we are just looking for him to support his claims with factual information that they are all, indeed, happy.

Edited by Stu

Okay. How's that 2009 bid from Blue Stars to repeal A&E going? Because if it didn't pass (did it even make it to a vote?), and if it's not gaining momentum toward passage, then I'd conclude that's pretty reasonable evidence toward the conclusion that the drum corps community is more happy than unhappy with A&E.

Skipping to last season, we saw more use of electronic effects via synth and others in a very successful 2011 summer. I doubt drum corps directors are interpreting the smiles on fan faces as catalyst for reversing the trend.

HH

Seriously? Are y'all really trying to assert that there is a viable effort under way to repeal A&E? That there is some critical mass of corps so unhappy with A&E that they're going to pull the plug for all any minute?

No....just pointing out an incorrect statement by a previous poster.

But along those lines....

And after a year in which fans praised the summer which included more corps employing synths?

Are you implying that synths had anything to do with general fan reaction to the 2011 season?

(And by the way, is your statement even correct to begin with? Did more corps employ synths in 2011, or were they already employing them in 2010?)