What will happen in 2012?

skeptic

So now that MBI finally caught the Bucs and beat them, what is going to happen in 2012?

My opinion is it will again be a 2 horse race.

It took MBI 3 years of runner up to finally figure out how to beat them so I really dont see any other corps coming out SO MUCH stronger than this year. C2 might play a factor but to win their first year out probably wont happen. Everyone is saying Bucs and MBI are leaps and bounds above the rest and I have to agree based on the prelims stream. It really seems like Empire, Hurcs and Cabs are content with where they are because nothing seems to be changing for them to get better than the year before.

I know this season just finished but I am already going to predict that it will be the same two corps fighting for first while the rest just battle for 3rd.

The complexity and depth of show design has taken a big jump with Reading and now Minnesota. They have proved that a new level is possible in the All-Age activity. All corps - not just Hurcs, Cabs and Empire - need to take notice. Because I doubt the old paradigm, no matter how clean, is going to win anytime soon.

Everyone is saying Bucs and MBI are leaps and bounds above the rest and I have to agree based on the prelims stream. It really seems like Empire, Hurcs and Cabs are content with where they are because nothing seems to be changing for them to get better than the year before.

I agree that Bucs and MBI are fielding better programs as far as a design and concept but I couldn't disagree more that Empire, Hurcs, and Cabs are content and not getting better year to year.

All three of those corps, and especially the Cabs are putting out much better programs than in the past. Go check out their websites and compare video's from 2006 to now...I'm willing to bet you'll see the difference. They just aren't progressing in the same direction, or are moving at a different pace. Maybe those corps have been plagued with attendance problems and were forced to water down the complexity of their show for the sake of getting all their members on the same page?? I don't know if that happened but its a possibility. The product designed for the corps in October is not always what we see in August/September. Factors such as attendance, instrumentation, overall talent, and rehearsal time all play a part in what those corps produce as a performance.

I believe your going to see 4 corps contending for the title in 2012. I predict it will be MBI, Reading, Cadets 2, and Cabs (I think they are overdue for a top 3 finish)

It really seems like Empire, Hurcs and Cabs are content with where they are because nothing seems to be changing for them to get better than the year before.

NOTHING is ever how it SEEMS

oh, I risk Ed's wrath but...

whoever scores highest wins

:devil:

Like Nails on a chalkboard. These are the days of our lives.

Ok so maybe saying they are content is too harsh.

But really, they are not improving enough year to year to be in the same conversation as MBI and Bucs.

These group need to seriously look at what the top 2 are doing. Fire staff, hire staff, new unis for cabs would help, idk. Something needs to change in their organizations to be more competitive.