Cadets 2

rumor is age is up to 25 now. have not been able to confirm

From Cadets2 FB

hey there ... this is Hopkins. We will be posting more information on Cadets 2 soon. I can say a few things. 1 -- this will be a weekend only drum corps. 2 -- the age range will be 16-25 with those 22-25 preferably being alumni of the Cadets. 3 - The staff will be announced shortly. 4 - we are trying to keep the cost under $1000 .. 4 - Rehearsals and auditions will begin Thanksgiving weekend at a site to be determined ... but in the Eastern PA region. ALL FOR NOW !!! STAY SAFE !!!

From Cadets2 FB

hey there ... this is Hopkins. We will be posting more information on Cadets 2 soon. I can say a few things. 1 -- this will be a weekend only drum corps. 2 -- the age range will be 16-25 with those 22-25 preferably being alumni of the Cadets. 3 - The staff will be announced shortly. 4 - we are trying to keep the cost under $1000 .. 4 - Rehearsals and auditions will begin Thanksgiving weekend at a site to be determined ... but in the Eastern PA region. ALL FOR NOW !!! STAY SAFE !!!

seems pretty good for those cadets wanting to continue a few more years with less committment.....I would think alumni would have to be local or go to school locally or move to PA or NJ for the summer..either way...sweat deal for them

4 - we are trying to keep the cost under $1000 .. 4 - Rehearsals and auditions will begin Thanksgiving weekend at a site to be determined ... but in the Eastern PA region. ALL FOR NOW !!! STAY SAFE !!!

Three thoughts

1) Under $1000, wish him luck on that as it would open things up for members.

2) Hop types as bad as I do as he used '4' twice (unless he likes #4)

3) STAY SAFE!! Amen.... lot of local flooding in the Commonwealth this morning with more to come.

Any corps that is an addition to DCA should be welcomed! Who cares about personalities?

• Like 1

Some people obviously. Some comments here, in other threads and on FB have shown me some would rather see DCA no longer exist than to allow a new corps to participate if George Hopkins is involved.

Sad IMO

• Like 1

Any corps that is an addition to DCA should be welcomed! Who cares about personalities?

Personalities???? We never had personalities in DCA before did we??

Thinking of how scarey some of these people (ain't saying who) appeared when I was doing DCA while in HS.

<ducking and running...>

weekend only drum corps

with those 22-25 preferably being alumni of the Cadets

we are trying to keep the cost under $1000

1. So they are going to have to be local talent

2. Well that is going to up the physical aspect

3. **** that is expensive :blink:

This is going to turn into C2 domination, no corps are going to be able to compete against this in 3 years. I welcome them to DCA but this just seems like trouble.