College Marching Bands with the most...

Tarleton State had a handful this past summer but UNT, TX State and UTA have the most in our area

RCC

I don't think you can beat this one.

A HEALTHY does of Blue Devils, Santa Clara and Pacific Crest throughout the brass, drums and color guard. Also the random sprinkling of Madison, Cadets, Troopers, Impulse, etc. And I think the entire staff marched corps as well. Heck, freaking Wayne Downey arranges their music and came down to teach several times a season...

Michigan State University has A LOT of Phantom/Cavalier vets/members. I imagine it partly has something to do with geography.

I know that from the UMass drumline itself, this summer there were 11 marching Cadets, 4 at Crown, 1 at Madison, 1 at Crossmen, a handful at Spartans, 1 at Bucs and several others. And that's not mentioning the amount of current or former UMass drumline members on staff at many corps across the country - dozens just between Cadets and Crown.

Thom Hannum's reach in this activity is incredible! :worthy:

UMass Amherst has extensive staff and students who have participated in DCA/DCI. Thom Hannum, Colin McNutt, and many visual staff members have all worked with top twelve corps. Not to mention most of the battery has marched DCI (as mentioned in the prior post)

University of Southern North Dakota @ Hoople

I believe I am the only Boston Crusader who ever played hardart in my beloved USND@H marching band (aka The Stumblin' Herd).

I understand Stumblin' Herd was one of the first college bands to use electonics, as long as the generator wasn't needed for milking.

A lot of INT guys march there. Guys from Bridgmen and VK tried marching there, but usually found themselves to stoic, and would quit.

James Madison University has quite alot. We have a 450 person marching band so I'm pretty sure I don't know everyone that has marched corps but colorguard has people from Surf and Troopers. I knew a few trumpet players from Cadets, 2 tubas from Cadets, a few baritones from Cadets and Crown, mellos at Blue Stars and Crown, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some people. We used to have a trumpet soloist from BD but that was before I got here.

And they follow the leader. :rolleyes:

Among other things.... devil.gif

Well, there goes THAT argument.

Garry in Vegas

You're right; no synths. ph34r.gif