Cadets 2 Announcement

jkmummer

Given the dropoff in the number of corps in the area, I don't see that being much of a problem these days, sad to say.

Yeah the largest shows with number of DCA open class and class a corps in attendance at DCA last year (outside of Semi finals) was Kingston NY and Wayne NJ with a total of 7 corps in attendance. The average size show was 4 corps in attendance.

Seems Gil Silva's predictions for DCA shows beyond 2007 were right on the mark.

Edited by camel lips

any show host looking to sell out will look at who is available and who will draw,and then try and create a budget they can live with. This isn't DCI where the host pays a set fee

Phoenix was 4th in prelims in 1975. In those days, that was an incredible feat for reasons other than performance....many may get this.

I would not doubt that Cadets 2 can win it all in their first year. Kidsgrove placement was correct IMHO...as was Yokohama and Renegades when they broke into the top five.

Donny

Phoenix was 4th in prelims in 1975. In those days, that was an incredible feat for reasons other than performance....many may get this.

I would not doubt that Cadets 2 can win it all in their first year. Kidsgrove placement was correct IMHO...as was Yokohama and Renegades when they broke into the top five.

Donny

As one who was on the 50 yard line watching Phoenix that day, I can say that while Donnie is certainly correct that "getting a number" politically back then for a new corps was much more difficult than it is now... he seems to underestimate the quality of their performance that day and how much improved they were in the last 2 weeks of the season. They performed a "take no prisoners" show in prelims which COULD NOT AND WOULD NOT be denied... they were much more "pedestrian" in finals... but by that evening, their place in history was well secured.

the performances and scores over the last 12 years reflect the improvement in the judging and the removal of politics from judging... we got something RIGHT...

Kidsgrove, Yokohama Inspires and Renegades all proved that...

As one who was on the 50 yard line watching Phoenix that day, I can say that while Donnie is certainly correct that "getting a number" politically back then for a new corps was much more difficult than it is now... he seems to underestimate the quality of their performance that day and how much improved they were in the last 2 weeks of the season. They performed a "take no prisoners" show in prelims which COULD NOT AND WOULD NOT be denied... they were much more "pedestrian" in finals... but by that evening, their place in history was well secured.

the performances and scores over the last 12 years reflect the improvement in the judging and the removal of politics from judging... we got something RIGHT...

Kidsgrove, Yokohama Inspires and Renegades all proved that...

oh sure, go ahead and ruin the rants of those who claim non NE corps are oppressed and down trodden :tongue:

Donny

Ain't touching either line.... :tongue: All I ask is what was the length of time between Phoenix going off the Prelims field and coming on for Finals. And got a feeling the younger set won't get why that might be important..

2002 Inspires I missed... Figures it was year before I came back to watching corps. At least I saw the corps from England years before at Prelims... forget name and year but it was Allentown

Edited by JimF-LowBari

oh sure, go ahead and ruin the rants of those who claim non NE corps are oppressed and down trodden :tongue:

:spitting:

Ya got me good with that one.....

:spitting:

Ya got me good with that one.....

I'll be here all week. tip the veal, try the waitress

2002 Inspires I missed... Figures it was year before I came back to watching corps.

Do yourself a favor and check them out,..........that show was fantastic! The opener is a tune that only they have ever done,........could be original,.............the ballad "Pavane for a Dead Princess", was later done by Blue Stars I think, but again, a first for any corps,........then "Sambandrea Swing" has a very cool, unconventional twist to it that makes it real fresh, while honoring some great DCA music from the past,.............then the closer summed it up well,.............I listen to that CD a lot!

Do yourself a favor and check them out,..........that show was fantastic! The opener is a tune that only they have ever done,........could be original,.............the ballad "Pavane for a Dead Princess", was later done by Blue Stars I think, but again, a first for any corps,........then "Sambandrea Swing" has a very cool, unconventional twist to it that makes it real fresh, while honoring some great DCA music from the past,.............then the closer summed it up well,.............I listen to that CD a lot!

Okaaaay.... do have 2002 DCA CDs. Bought 'em at Hershey when I came back to corps (think from Cabs souvie table). And Kris is going out for a few hours this evening with a friend.

If anyone calls I might not hear the phone ringing. :music: