Cadets 2 Announcement

jkmummer

OK for the folks who expect or think C2 will be at or near the top their first year in DCA...

Record for 1st year corps is Rochester, NY Phoenix.... 5th at 1975 DCA Finals....

Nope ... Sunrisers in 1966 ... 4th ...

:-)

if it was almost any other corps i would say no but this corps has the staff and will get the members right out of the gate. they know what they are doing and it will show right away.

Why are so many people counting Kidsgrove as a Top 5 automatic?? They are good, don't get me wrong. But they haven't broken in to the Top 5 yet right? And their only DCA finals placement was 2010 in 6th place by a decent margin between them and 5th. Lets give the corps that are consistently in the Top 5 every year a chance first.

I think its more likely to see Cadets Part Duex breaking into the Top 5 in 2012 than Kidsgrove, but- best of luck to all.

There were many that comment and I agree that they should have been in the top 5 in2010. I found it very curious that the judges gave them a lower score than Bush a week before DCa championships. Bush wound up in 9th spot a week later and Kidsgrove 6th. I strongly believe the low score affected their finals placement and they were deserving of a higher placement than they received.

Your milage may vary.

I suspect that they will come better prepared this next time and leave no doubt or room for the judges to repeat this.

Edited by camel lips
  • Like 1

Why are so many people counting Kidsgrove as a Top 5 automatic??

My guess would be because they are the DCUK Champions and they've already been here once and proved they can be competitive. Coming back again with a better idea of what to expect, well I could only expect them to improve upon their previous visit.

Lets give the corps that are consistently in the Top 5 every year a chance first. I think its more likely to see Cadets Part Duex breaking into the Top 5 in 2012 than Kidsgrove, but- best of luck to all.

So now I have to answer your question with a question of my own: Why do you think Cadets2 is more likely to break into the Top 5 than Kidsgrove? You said it yourself, "Lets give the corps that are consistently in the Top 5 every year a chance first." And I'm inclined to agree with you on that point. So I'm curious why so many people are expecting C2 to win it all, when they haven't even had a rehearsal yet.

Granted, I'm expecting big things from them (as many of us are). They have a top-notch staff and they certainly know how to get it done on the DCI side. But let's be realistic here - they haven't held Camp #1 yet. (And as far as I know, no other corps has held a camp for their 2012 season yet.) It's way too early to make any speculation on the 2012 Championships. I know, it's fun to play "what if" in the off-season. I'm just baffled by the declarations of folks who think the 2012 title is already won.

<insert generic waiver about how this is not meant to bad mouth Cadets2 and how my opinions are only those of myself and not any other corps that I've ever been affiliated + something about the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball...>

• Like 1

Nope ... Sunrisers in 1966 ... 4th ...

:-)

Sumthin' didn't look right when I typed...... :tongue:

OK, Sun first year in DCA.... Phoenix first year competing..... and it's possible Phoenix wasn't in any DCA shows until Prelims. Heavens knows they beat up the RCA pretty good...

C2, we will see.... whoever has them in the first regular season show should see a spike in ticket sales...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Sumthin' didn't look right when I typed...... :tongue:

OK, Sun first year in DCA.... Phoenix first year competing..... and it's possible Phoenix wasn't in any DCA shows until Prelims. Heavens knows they beat up the RCA pretty good...

C2, we will see.... whoever has them in the first regular season show should see a spike in ticket sales...

U think they will be let in Wildwood?

Cabs would be crazy not to put an invite out to them IMHO. Butts in seats!!!

• Like 1

Cabs would be crazy not to put an invite out to them IMHO. Butts in seats!!!

My very first thought......

Anyone know what the rules are for show sponsors inviting corps? BITD a sponsor had to ask the top 10 first then 11-14 (Associate members) THEN could ask non-top 14 corps. If you were new or trying to work your way into DCA it was hard to get a DCA show invite unless it was in exhibition.

My very first thought......

Anyone know what the rules are for show sponsors inviting corps? BITD a sponsor had to ask the top 10 first then 11-14 (Associate members) THEN could ask non-top 14 corps. If you were new or trying to work your way into DCA it was hard to get a DCA show invite unless it was in exhibition.

Given the dropoff in the number of corps in the area, I don't see that being much of a problem these days, sad to say.