Did this not bother anyone else?

I've seen plenty of people come to the defense of Blue Devils when that has happened. I know I haven't been the only one to do so.

And I've seen MANY people jump on the "BD doesn't move and play" bandwagon too.

And I've seen MANY people jump on the "BD doesn't move and play" bandwagon too.

Agreed; but that's why I boldfaced your claim the "everyone" did it. "Many" isn't "everyone."

Hmmm....I see the thread drifting to the topic of "who stands and plays more? Crown or BD"

Everything's great; everything's good. I love every corps. They're all just so fantastic my heart flutters, and there's nothing I don't like about any of them.

So you drove him away. Good for you.

If we " drove him away ", do yee think it was our trusty spears, hatchets, or thy bows and arrows ? We here all be taken a waters bathe a fortnite ago in thy yonder river stream, so our bodies odor shant have bean imposing to human sensibililities.

Edited by BRASSO

I'll preface this by saying I didn't like Crown's show...

That said, they sound good. They sound good moving, they sound good standing still, they sound good in an arc, they sound good facing back field, they sound good warming up, they sound good in leon may's crazy field coverage.

Crown would sound good marching PR, Cavies, Cadets, BD, etc's show. They would straight up sound good. Period.

They have talent top to bottom, a great instructional staff, and almost everyone in their hornline makes a good, dark, characteristic sound on their instruments.

I dont agree with this at all. Give that corps the Cadets drill and they'd sound worse or Blue Devils drill and they'd sound better.

• Like 4

I dont agree with this at all. Give that corps the Cadets drill and they'd sound worse or Blue Devils drill and they'd sound better.

Bahaha right. There's a reason Crown's hornline still won the Jim Ott every night even though the corps went on 4th to last...pure talent top to bottom in the brass section coupled with unrivaled arranging and a tech staff that just doesn't accept anything other than perfection. That Cadets hornline couldn't touch Crown's...there's truly just no comparison.

• Like 6

Does anyone know if Crown has a thing against having multiple DMs on the front sideline? In several instances, I've noted the hornline really struggling to play together when spread out over a great distance, but still in a line. I think it was this year, they had a 30 to 30 spread or so, but they didn't play with the same togetherness that The Cadets just own (end-zone to end-zone forms). I've noticed Crown struggle with that spread multiple years, so I was just wondering if it's one of their foibles.

Regardless of what most everyone has said about the original post, I would not expect a winning visual performance for Crown as long as they continue to hold on to Mr. May. Go ahead and give me the negatives, but Crown has a visual problem that is not being addressed, hence their problematic overall GE and Visual Scores. The visual problems with Crown will not get any better as long as May stays. He has not proven he has the ability to get them to a championship.

• Like 1

Well, so where's classical dance technique? I say it's time to be fair to all the dances when it comes to drum corps.

The problem is, if we don't deal properly with this, we'll have to go back to discussing slotting, G vs Bb horns, and DCI politics.

So, when does the season start again? :w00t:

Well, classical dance technique is usually considered BALLET, which has been used very much on the drum corps field.

Jazz running is used mostly because it is a technique to clear a larger than usual amount of space in a short amount of time. Guards were the first to implement it, then it shifted to hornlines when drill velocity and step sizes increased in the 80s.

And before you look for other techniques, Phantom used tap in '05, with their Gershwin show. And contemporary dance has been used pretty extensively since Star '93.

(Dating a girl who's danced her whole life pays off when it comes to DCI stuff. ;)

• Like 1

Well, classical dance technique is usually considered BALLET, which has been used very much on the drum corps field.

Jazz running is used mostly because it is a technique to clear a larger than usual amount of space in a short amount of time. Guards were the first to implement it, then it shifted to hornlines when drill velocity and step sizes increased in the 80s.

And before you look for other techniques, Phantom used tap in '05, with their Gershwin show. And contemporary dance has been used pretty extensively since Star '93.

(Dating a girl who's danced her whole life pays off when it comes to DCI stuff. ;)

You're dating a dancer? What's wrong with you?

Forget all this DCI stuff...:cool: