As to the President's Remarks - The Cadets are a Marching Band

well, i guess i wont be having wasabi anytime soon

and who cares what Obama called them. he gave them some love and some spotlight for a drum corps

:thumbup:

and who cares what Obama called them. he gave them some love and some spotlight for a drum corps

And in the end, this is the ONLY important thing in this discussion (also that Cadets did a great job of representing the activity by playing well and looking classy) :thumbup: Plenty of bands and corps have played for presidents and other elected officials (heck, I played for a president about half a dozen times during my high school career). But it seems rare that you see a marching band, let alone a drum corps, playing for the freaking UN!

Great job Cadets and all who secured the performance & worked out the logistics!!

• Like 1

For many decades I described drum corps as, "like a marching band but better! It uses ONLY brass and percussion instruments." How is that?

For many decades I described drum corps as, "like a marching band but better! It uses ONLY brass and percussion instruments." How is that?

And the members are there because they want to be there.... (some of my HS bandmates were there because mom & dad would clobber 'em if they quit).