As to the President's Remarks - The Cadets are a Marching Band

If I own a fast food restaurant that serves hamburgers, I don't become McDonald's so people understand. I build my brand so that my fan base/customer base is knowledgeable about what/who I am.

everything-i-know-about-business-i-learned-at-mcdonalds-by-paul-facella.jpg

Drum Corps isn't KDKA broadcasting farm reports to the outskirts of Pittsburgh.

I thought all stations East of the Mississippi started with "W" and the stations West of the Mississippi start with "K" ? :huh2:

( don't you just hate when someone points that sorta stuff out ? )

I thought all stations East of the Mississippi started with "W" and the stations West of the Mississippi start with "K" ? :huh2:

( don't you just hate when someone points that sorta stuff out ? )

Not KDKA... it was the first broadcast station and is one of the very few on that side of the river with a K.

WHO (in Iowa) is an example of a station west of the Miss, without a K term, as well.

Not KDKA... it was the first broadcast station and is one of the very few on that side of the river with a K.

WHO (in Iowa) is an example of a station west of the Miss, without a K term, as well.

Well thank you for pointing out how wrong I was without calling me a moron

• Like 2

Yep, the W or K based on the Mississippi was started after KDKA got their call letters so they had the option to stay with a "K". But don't know how many farm reports they do. At least didn't hear any when at college in Western PA in the 70s (Man does KDKA have a strong signal).

Think there is a recording of KDKA giving the 1920 presidential results...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yep, the W or K based on the Mississippi was started after KDKA got their call letters so they had the option to stay with a "K". But don't know how many farm reports they do. At least didn't hear any when at college in Western PA in the 70s (Man does KDKA have a strong signal).

Think there is a recording of KDKA giving the 1920 presidential results...

I was raised in an area of the country a LONG ways away from KDKA and could get them on a 5/8 wave and a cc crane radio. It wasn't too long ago that AM DXing was popular enough, I could send them a call card and they would send me a trinket back in the mail.

Those clear channel stations are ridiculous.

Some stations can be heard almost coast to coast. WSM (the voice of the grand ole opry), WLS (which was the introduction to rock and roll for a ton of americans), WHO, KDKA, WLW, WBBM, KMOX, WSB, WABC and KOA can be heard just about anywhere in the lower 48 given the right circumstances.

General "nerd factor times 20 when I recall being 12 and pinning a 5/8 wave on fence posts in the middle of nowhere" Tso Chicken

Marching: 1) to move along steadily usually with a rhythmic stride and in step with others; 2) to move in a direct purposeful manner; 3) to make steady progress. Question: Does this describe all units involved in DCI? Yep!

Band: 1) a group of persons or things; 2) a group of musicians organized for ensemble playing. Question: Does this also describe all units involved in DCI? Yep!

Since the answer to both questions is Yep, then by definition, all units involved in DCI are... wait for it... Marching Bands!!!

Trucks and motorcycles are mobile and self-propelled. Are they "automobiles"?

Those of us in America are democratic. Are we "Democrats"?

Since you are looking up words in the dictionary, go look at one more word...."semantics".

• Like 1