The DVD has landed

This has got to be the best finals DVD I've ever seen. I am absolutely in LOVE with Blu-ray now. I've watched Cadets' show over and over and over again. The quality of this video is unreal. You can actually see the sweat on the drum major's face! I wish I was born 10 years later.

• Like 1

This has got to be the best finals DVD I've ever seen. I am absolutely in LOVE with Blu-ray now. I've watched Cadets' show over and over and over again. The quality of this video is unreal. You can actually see the sweat on the drum major's face! I wish I was born 10 years later.

Has anyone else had the issue with disc 2? It plays fine but will only play in 108i for me. Disc 1 plays in 1080p like it's supposed to.

Got mine yesterday. Watching now - waaaaaaaay too much pit.....

Which show?

I think the pit is fine. Too many times I wouldn't hear ENOUGH pit.

• Like 2

Totally agree with you (and I appreciate you saying that as a brass player and not a percussionist who might appear biased)

I have a secret crush on the pit. :devil:

But seriously, there have been way too many shows that you can barely hear the pit unless you're actually marching that show or have been there live. Now you finally see and hear what they add to the ensemble.

• Like 3

So far I've only watched Cadets, Phantom and Crown. Of the three, Crown was the only one where it didn't get too intrusive, and still, there were moments even in their show. I can't imagine wanting more pit.

I have the DVDs, not the BluRay. Maybe that's the difference.

• Like 1

So far I've only watched Cadets, Phantom and Crown. Of the three, Crown was the only one where it didn't get too intrusive, and still, there were moments even in their show. I can't imagine wanting more pit.

I have the DVDs, not the BluRay. Maybe that's the difference.

Hmmm, that could be, but I have to BluRay and not the DVD so I couldn't tell you. I know someone with the DVD so I'll listen to theirs and compare.

Nope, no argument here. I just wish I could hear the punch of the concert bass and actually hear the tones of the bass lines. Gosh I love me a good bass line.... wish I could hear the tones instead of just the attack on the heads.

I can agree with that.