Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

but pluto isnt a planet blink.gif

1277746529901.jpg

I remember in 05 both crossmen and esperanza had Crossroads as their show themes.

I think Spirit might get a little mad at them, since that was the title of their '06 show?

Took the time to listen to this today - NIIIIIIIIIIIICE

Off topic, but love the sig line, Alan--

"All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much MUCH thicker in the middle, and then thin again at the far end. That is the theory that I have and which is mine, and what it is too..."

Anyone who can quote verbatim "The Theory the 2nd" by Miss Anne Elk (that's "A" as is "Anne", not "a" as in "a elk") is definitely okay by me!

Edited by TRacer

I'm hyping the crap out of this show, the 2 announced selections + JD Shaw's arranging, Rennick's percussion, and whoever was in charge of that AMAZING guard and drill, Holy God this is going to be AWESOME!

I know their staff is kinda pulled around form other corps, but I think it's about time for Vanguard to make a major resurgence to their 97 - 04 and from their formation to 92 glory days. This is going to be SWEET.

• Like 2

Yup, so far, so good... :satisfied:

Edited by MsBusDriver

Yup, so far, so good... :satisfied:

Thanks for the link. That is a great piece Can absolutely see how this can translate to the field. Many moments of build, some percussive moments at the end...I think it will be a classic for SCV,

The build to the chord at 6:10 - 6:15 in the video...As well as the opening statement...Wow.

Imagine what that will sound like in the brass arrangement...

Edited by Dmlkmen

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised no one has said this yet ... but 99% of the pieces performed by Drum Corps are borrowed in some respect. Unless it's original music composed by the Corps Staff (like Cavaliers 2001), then every piece performed by a Drum Corps is borrowed from the original composer.

Just something to think about. :tongue:

As for the two pieces mentioned so far, I think the one I'm most excited about is the John Mackey piece. I checked it out on The Site Which Shall Not Be Named and loved it so I bought the single on iTunes and now I can't stop listening to it. It's going to be amazing to hear the Vanguard horn line playing that piece as arranged by JD Shaw. This is going to be a fantastic year for SCV! I just know it! :worthy:

jupiter350x330.jpg

Thoughts???

From SCV "We are excited to announce that "Jupiter: The Bringer of Jollity" from "The Planets" by Gustav Holst will be part of the 2012 program!"