Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

As long as they don't "sound like SCV" from the years 03-04-05-06-07-08-09-11, that will be great.

I think they sounded amazing in 2009. I don't know what you were listening to that made you think differently, but it couldn't have been the 2009 Vanguard Hornline.

• Like 5

SCV was 3rd in Brass in 2009, but you're welcome to your opinion.

SCV was absolutely horrible until T'Andre came in and was by himself. Their brass score jumped some ridiculous number in a week while he was there (2 or 3 points, something like that).

Up until that point, and for many people that viewed the program, they sounded horrible.

That week WON him the 2010 job, if you'll remember.

• Like 1

As long as they don't "sound like SCV" from the years 03-04-05-06-07-08-09-11, that will be great.

What was wrong with the '04, '07, and '09 hornlines?

• Like 1

SCV was absolutely horrible until T'Andre came in and was by himself. Their brass score jumped some ridiculous number in a week while he was there (2 or 3 points, something like that).

Up until that point, and for many people that viewed the program, they sounded horrible.

That week WON him the 2010 job, if you'll remember.

Yeah, he came in and did that in 2008 actually. He took over for a week in Mid-July from Chreste, and the score jumped 2 to 3 points.

Andre was there running the show everyone day except for two in 2009. That brass line was regularly beating everyone, including BD and Crown that season, they were .2 out of first at Quarterfinals I believe.

But no need to let facts cloud an opinion, right?

• Like 5