Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

"Wall of tone" that's a Gordon Henderson phrase right?

You may be right about that. He wrote for us before Dean Westman took over, and I heard about that phrase in my rookie season. So it's quite possible. But to be honest with you, I don't know exactly where it originated from. But I've used it for many years and it's dead on for creating an amazing sound while also being really loud.

• 1 month later...

So, any updates from SCV land? I know they're supposed to have a dress rehearsal coming up in the next week, has anyone gone to see them rehearse and can report on their pre-tour progress?

So, any updates from SCV land? I know they're supposed to have a dress rehearsal coming up in the next week, has anyone gone to see them rehearse and can report on their pre-tour progress?

They've been frustratingly inconspicuous so far. I guess I'll have to wait a couple weeks to see them in either Stanford or Sacramento. Btw, why did they move the Moonlight Classic (which has been in Stockton for years) to Sacramento? Or is that a typo on the DCI website?

They've been frustratingly inconspicuous so far. I guess I'll have to wait a couple weeks to see them in either Stanford or Sacramento. Btw, why did they move the Moonlight Classic (which has been in Stockton for years) to Sacramento? Or is that a typo on the DCI website?

They're tearing down Stagg Stadium at UOP, so they had to move the show to Sacramento State. It was supposed to be in Lodi, but CSU Sacramento was a better place for the show.

They're tearing down Stagg Stadium at UOP, so they had to move the show to Sacramento State. It was supposed to be in Lodi, but CSU Sacramento was a better place for the show.

No joke? You'd think as an alum of UOP I would have heard about that lol.

Well, they aren't pulling out the seats just yet. But UOP has closed Stagg Stadium to conduct a "feasibility study" regarding modernization of the 62-year-old facility. By the end of the summer they will have decided whether to upgrade Stagg for future use as a soccer stadium (UOP discontinued football in 1995 and never looked back) or to demolish it completely.

Pacific Tigers - Stagg Stadium Closed

Well, they aren't pulling out the seats just yet. But UOP has closed Stagg Stadium to conduct a "feasibility study" regarding modernization of the 62-year-old facility. By the end of the summer they will have decided whether to upgrade Stagg for future use as a soccer stadium (UOP discontinued football in 1995 and never looked back) or to demolish it completely.

Pacific Tigers - Stagg Stadium Closed

Yeah, I have a strong feeling it will be torn down. Without the football program, there really is no need for a facility of that size. UOP has a good soccer program, but I doubt if they can bring in enough money to keep the stadium sustainable. Plus, it is not the best stadium out there, especially when it comes to accessibility for the handicapped. That ramp is killer

20.jpg

There's their logo that they're using.

First opportunity I get I am buying this show shirt. AWESOME :thumbup:

• Like 1

Plus, it is not the best stadium out there, especially when it comes to accessibility for the handicapped. That ramp is killer

Not just for the handicapped. I can't tell you how many near-runaway keyboards I've seen coming down the step hill behind the North endzone. Getting to and from the field for the front ensemble is a challenge. I think they smoothed it out a little a few years ago, but the stadium is still a bowl, and I remember lots of acrobatics watching corps members fighting gravity coming into the stadium.