Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

no wonder he remains an obscure composer with most.

put this under the realm of..."If a tree falls in the deep forest, does anyone hear it " ?

well said one hand clapping..... ph34r.gif

So there it is. :thumbup: Can't wait to see how this all plays out. I KNOW I'm gonna love this show. What a perfect way to celebrate their 45th anniversary AND their 40th appearance in the top 12 at DCIs World Championships (you know it's gonna happen).

If SCV makes finals it will be 41 years in a row for top 12 at DCI and their 46th year on the field.

• Like 3

Sounds great, can't wait! SCV has been more miss than hit for me since 2005, I want that to change!

• Like 1

If SCV makes finals it will be 41 years in a row for top 12 at DCI and their 46th year on the field.

DCI is celebrating 40 years. SCV is celebrating it's 45th anniversary on the field. Just saying...

45yearsSCVLogo.jpg

Edited by MsBusDriver

One of the reasons I like Whitacre, is that he is accessible in allowing his works to be arranged/performed in the marching arts.

That and his wife is pretty darn good lookin'.

• Like 2

Um, that's really not how math works....

Go SCV! 40 years strong! Only corps to make every DCI Finals without a hitch. Lowest placement ever, 8th. 6 championships, and 45 years of tradition and class. So glad a corps like SCV exists in the drum corps world, and may they make another 40 DCI championships. :thumbup:

Can't wait to see where they can go with this show. It will be interesting mixing together Holst with Whitacre/Mackey.

• Like 6

While this is indeed the 40th anniversary season of DCI and the 45th anniversary of SCV, it will in fact actually be the 41st and 46th season of each respectively... Anniversaries are weird that way...

While this is indeed the 40th anniversary season of DCI and the 45th anniversary of SCV, it will in fact actually be the 41st and 46th season of each respectively... Anniversaries are weird that way...

... kinda like birthdays, gotta wait a whole year to have 1 ;) btw I liked 2011's show alot; have a great 2012 SCV! :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

i think they should announce their shows for the next three years, I bet it would go really well.

:tongue:

Wow, I didn't know anyone actually remembered when that happened. Does anyone on here still even remember what the three shows were supposed to be? Eureka! was the only one they ended up doing, or was that where 3hree came from?

I can understand, barely, holding back on show CONCEPT or TITLE announcements. But this isn't cloak-and-dagger information vital to national security. And considering any Joe Public can simply walk by the corps property on a camp weekend and hear them performing, WHAT they are playing isn't exactly secret.

That would be fine if they already had permission to arrange. Now, what if that permission has not been secured yet?

As I understand it, some corps still do not have permission to arrange/perform for every last song in their planned show, even now in late April. Some corps in this situation, believing in good faith that the permission will be granted, go ahead and rehearse their arrangement of the song anyway, and refrain from publicly announcing their repertoire until the rights have all been secured. Technically, they are not following the letter of the law by arranging without permission. Under those circumstances, I could understand why a corps would keep quiet about what music they are rehearsing.