Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

As long as they don't "sound like SCV" from the years 03-04-05-06-07-08-09-11, that will be great.

ah...you mean the post-Dean Westman years....that was a big oops by the SCV admin that year, IMO.

Oh Pete Weber.

Sigh.

I enjoyed never being in front of the front hash in my show as a euphonium. Oh wait, I was. But I was on the 15.

No...I don't resent him haha

As a euphonium who stood two dots away from this guy all season, I second this.

As a euphonium who stood two dots away from this guy all season, I second this.

As a euph who marched pete's drill, I spent quite a bit of time in front of the front hash, including some nice exposed sections on the DVD, where we'll all up front.

• Like 2

I also wouldn't be surprised if they took it all. They have the percussion team (instruction and arranging), they have the brass team, they have the brass arranger, they have the guard design and instruction team.... the only area missing IMO is drill design. The fact that so many people think pete weber is such an incredible designer boggles my mind, but if he puts something together like his 09 design (visual matches the music, not overdone, practical, etc), I think all the pieces will be in place for them.

• Like 6

I enjoyed never being in front of the front hash in my show as a euphonium. Oh wait, I was. But I was on the 15.

I'm confused. In all of my SCV corps, I was in front of the front hash a lot of the time. But we had a concept of "wall of tone" for those instances. Those of us in front played as loud as we could with good tone, while those behind us played as loud as possible. It was for the judges, obviously. ####, in 2000, we played as loud as we could during the company front of Angus Dei. The wall of tone didn't even apply there lol =P

Edited by scvjesse
  • Like 3

That said, I think SCV is going to take it all this year. They have a LOT of the pieces in place to do so. I can't wait to see them this year.

• Like 1

I can assure you the entire 2012 Euph line (all 16 of them) will have a moment in front of the front hash. And the 16 Contras will be right behind them. It's not a subtle moment. Yeah, the 8 baris are there too.

Just a little nugget of hype :thumbup: I hope no one minds, lol.

I approve this message!!!

• Like 3

I'm confused. In all of my SCV corps, I was in front of the front hash a lot of the time. But we had a concept of "wall of tone" for those instances. Those of us in front played as loud as we could with good tone, while those behind us played as loud as possible. It was for the judges, obviously. ####, in 2000, we played as loud as we could during the company front of Angus Dei. The wall of tone didn't even apply there lol =P

"Wall of tone" that's a Gordon Henderson phrase right?