Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

Too bad Fiedler wasn't asked when they are going to put the addition/change into the show.

Too bad Fiedler wasn't asked when they are going to put the addition/change into the show.

They probably won't stop really working on changes until after the regional, so they probably will be implemented by next weekend's TOC shows and regional in Texas

I'm betting "Music of the Night" will be put in at DCI Austin on the 19th. They're going on last, so it's a perfect time to do it.

Ok, I know "Music of the Night" is a classic and beautiful piece of Vanguard history, but I don't think it would fit well with the other pieces at all and there really is not a place to add it, or is it just me?

Since hearing about this I have listened to the show many times and feel "Music of the Night" is a perfect addition. It fits with the concept perfectly and even lyrically I feel it fits. My guess of when to add it would be at the end of Mars when the corps is right up to the sideline playing the power chord. Cut off and break into a scatter form to begin "Music of the Night" then build it up to the monstrous company front. I am seeing this show live at least 4 times before the end of the season and I don't think there will be a time that I don't cry. So excited for this to happen.

• Like 1

Ok, I know "Music of the Night" is a classic and beautiful piece of Vanguard history, but I don't think it would fit well with the other pieces at all and there really is not a place to add it, or is it just me?

Except it fits perfectly with the title, and the theme of the show. I think people have been hoping for it from the beginning, plus, it does still fit with the original hint given about the "old, new, borrowed, and blue) concept for the show

I don't think it's too far out of the realm of possibility, Fiedler did say in the Field Pass the kids would be getting new music after Rockford.

Edited by fsubone

Who cares? LOL It's going to be an eargasm for me (and many others I assume)!

Anyone, please tell me if I am wrong here...

but judging from previous VODs, it seems like SCV's show has anywhere from 40 seconds to 1 minute to add to their show. They might cut some of their ending of what they have now. Same goes for BD--their shows seem to be a bit on the short side.

Anyway, to respond to whether the show will fit--I think it will. Their show seems to be binary in the sense that we go from thrilling and exciting music in the opener to beautiful and emotional music in the ballad and back to thrilling and exciting music for the closer. It only makes sense that they add another "beautiful and emotional" piece in the ending to cap off their wonderful show.

In my interpretation of the Starry Night art piece there is a sense of serenity AND a sense of disquiet but in the end serenity for me wins it.

C'mon SCV! DO IT!

I don't think it would either.

I'm trying to remember if I heard it, but i think it's in the repertoire already for Vanguard Cadets this season.

Just thought I would post. I'm currently standing outside a high school here in Oklahoma semi 1 (food truck) has arrived and we are waiting on the rest of the convoy here in the next few hours.

God, I love doing this every year.

• Like 1