D&BC on America's Got Talent(?)

By any measure, "Blast" was a hugely successful, creative, profitable, Award winning stage production. This stage production is STILL providing tour performances, which speaks to its international appeal and staying power. " Blast " became more widely successful than even its creators initially believed possible. That said, like anything else, they'll be some critics here and there found somewhere along the way. I'm sure the" Blast" creators cried all the way to the Bank re. what a few critics thought.

Completely agree. And apparently so did the folks who give out Tony Awards, because Blast! received one.

• Like 1

I can honestly see tv producers moving them along through a round or two, but then what are they supposed to do next?

AGT is going to want to see something different after a round or two.

Also, as big of a Howard Stern fan as I am....he's not gonna dig em.

I dunno.

Blast did an amazing job presenting very different aspects of the activity

Sure if they stick with "stock" drum corps they're dead in the water.

Will be interesting to see how they're received.

• Like 1

Completely agree. And apparently so did the folks who give out Tony Awards, because Blast! received one.

Right On.

And not only a Tony, but I believe there was a new award category created from their outstanding performance.

I don't understand how any outlet that is mainstream such as AGT is, could be seen as detrimental. I am thrilled The Edge is going out to LA to do this next week. I wasn't in Rochester to see them last year, but many of my friends were. I heard stories that their jaws dropped in the awesomeness of this performance.

I absolutely agree on what David Bruni is saying, "Drum Corps has one shot here". Absolutely. One big ,mighty, shot.nTrue, this is not a stadium/ field show performance reaching 11.8 million people- But with an audience of that size watching this show weekly- I can't argue with the fact that this can't be anything but great for Drum Corps.

If "The Edge" advances, I am sure there will be some mention of what Drum Corps is along the way.

I plan on letting everyone I know, know about this group as they progress on the show. It's a great way for me to get people to understand what it is that I love. True, its not a field show. But still a fantastic " gateway " to introduce the uninitiated to the field.

My best to these great performers next week. Good Luck.

• Like 2

Howard's not going to be looking for strippers and lesbians.

much

that said, I think the show on video may be too long, unless some of the virtuoso stuff is more on display

I wasn't entertained by one thing on the video. But maybe American's audience will eat it up! We have nothing to lose...well, except credibility on Excellence.

What's the one thing that didn't entertain you?

• Like 4

I am a bit stunned by some of the comments! So I'll say this.....David Bruni, Joey Pero and Roland Garceau don't put out garbage! Okay, there wasn't a "uniform" so to speak in the video. I think that all of the men and women in this group are smart enough to know that their look is important and they will take care of it when it comes time to audition.

This is a great opportunity for our activity and we should be supporting Edge! Just wondering the ages of the people making the negative comments. As far a weight goes...hmmmm there are alot of celebrities that need some work but are hugely (no pun intended) successful!

• Like 1