D&BC on America's Got Talent(?)

My guess, if it works, people will like it for what it is. Remember, this stage performing group will not be competing with a DCI field competing Corps. Plus, 99.9% of people in America have no idea what a " DCI Competing Corps " is, so this will have no negative influence on that different entity whatsoever it would seem to me. In order to compare something to something else, one first has to have something to compare it with. Thus, should this stage outfit become unsuccessful in their quest to advance on " America's got Talent ", it should have no bearing on the small niche of DCI Competing Drum Corps Field Competition asctivity. And if is becomes wildly successful, and seen my millions, it likewise will have virtually no effect on present day DCI competing Corps competition. My guess, their small fan base of national devotees will still remain intact, and the shows not affected in any way. Thus, I see no downside at all to this venture. Thus, I hope it becomes a big success for them and wish them much success.

yeah Youre right..

remember it was in front of a drum corps audiance....All age especially....even Blast when on Broadway had some not so good reviews some saying it was Loud ,crude, bad HS band although Blast when on the road did well.

By any measure, "Blast" was a hugely successful, creative, profitable, Award winning stage production. This stage production is STILL providing tour performances, which speaks to its international appeal and staying power. " Blast " became more widely successful than even its creators initially believed possible. That said, like anything else, they'll be some critics here and there found somewhere along the way. I'm sure the" Blast" creators cried all the way to the Bank re. what a few critics thought.

Edited by BRASSO

This group's "Color Guard Director" is listed as Matt Winans. He has been Boston's guard designer/caption head from 08 to the present. He is very creative and a hard worker. I think they'll do fine... :thumbup:

• Like 1

A couple of corps over here in the UK gave 'Britain's Got Talent' a go over a few years, but unfortunately never got past the judges or made it onto TV. However a Royal Marine drumline made it through quite far...

By any measure, "Blast" was a hugely successful, creative, profitable, Award winning stage production. This stage production is STILL providing tour performances, which speaks to its international appeal and staying power. " Blast " became more widely successful than even its creators initially believed possible. That said, like anything else, they'll be some critics here and there found somewhere along the way. I'm sure the" Blast" creators cried all the way to the Bank re. what a few critics thought.

GOTCHA!!!! Just talkin in general about the appeal of what we do..I had several students in the london as well as the Broadway cast and yes it did well , didnt make as much as many think but did well on the road and i think I did say that

Edited by GUARDLING

We have nothing to lose...well, except credibility on Excellence.

...because after all, the audience who watches American's Got Talent is so discerning.

Maybe someone can get Kim, Khloe and mama Kris to go to DCI to really be taken seriously........

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 3

I wish Future Corps was still around to do stuff like this! They were always entertaining, despite the fact that they had few members.

Edited by HowFarCanOurBodiesGo

I can honestly see tv producers moving them along through a round or two, but then what are they supposed to do next?

AGT is going to want to see something different after a round or two.

Also, as big of a Howard Stern fan as I am....he's not gonna dig em.

• Like 2