D&BC on America's Got Talent(?)

I can honestly see tv producers moving them along through a round or two, but then what are they supposed to do next?

AGT is going to want to see something different after a round or two.

Also, as big of a Howard Stern fan as I am....he's not gonna dig em.

We have close to 10 pieces prepared and drill for 3 of them. We are obviously not going to do the same thing at every performance if we make it......

And with Howard Stern, you never know.

I am a bit stunned by some of the comments! So I'll say this.....David Bruni, Joey Pero and Roland Garceau don't put out garbage! Okay, there wasn't a "uniform" so to speak in the video. I think that all of the men and women in this group are smart enough to know that their look is important and they will take care of it when it comes time to audition.

This is a great opportunity for our activity and we should be supporting Edge! Just wondering the ages of the people making the negative comments. As far a weight goes...hmmmm there are alot of celebrities that need some work but are hugely (no pun intended) successful!

We have uniforms.

All I can say is...Good Luck...I'll be watching and cheering for you.

• Like 1

All I can say is...Good Luck...I'll be watching and cheering for you.

Thank you!

I wasn't entertained by one thing on the video. But maybe American's audience will eat it up! We have nothing to lose...well, except credibility on Excellence.

It's drum corps, my friend . . .you're already dealing with something that cribs its pastiched "excellence" from borrowing from other art forms.

Drum corps borrows . . . even (to use your favorites) the Bluecoats doing Radiohead or SCV channeling Ligeti . . . it's no different than the guy who won AGT last year crooning Sinatra. :wink:

I wish you guys the very best! Good luck to all!! :thumbup:

Ditto.

Any time a group makes an outreach attempt to the public at large to expand the general public's knowledge about the possibilities of the unique creativeness of Drum Corps, it's a GOOD thing, imo.

Best of success to this group. I hope they knock the judges socks off !

• Like 3

We have close to 10 pieces prepared and drill for 3 of them. We are obviously not going to do the same thing at every performance if we make it......

And with Howard Stern, you never know.

Howard has already stated that he wants to find an act that will actually have a future in the performance industry. Is this something that the group is looking for? They're not just looking for the most talented individual/group, they're looking for the most talented individual/group who will have a future in the industry.

Terry Fator headlines at the Mirage in vegas, raking in mucho bucks. What is the future plan if you were to win?

Again, I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just curious/realistic.

• Like 2

This is what we are putting on TV?

Yikes. What's the point of marching drill that no one can see? Why would anyone want to see middle-aged dudes marching it? Is anyone going to not-crack a high note?

I'd say we'd be better off putting a bunch of kids on stage with drums and dramatic lighting and letting them go for it. IF ONLY this had been tried once before...

• Like 4