D&BC on America's Got Talent(?)

The farther that each act makes it on the show, the more the network profiles exatly what they are about. If this group can advance far enough in the competition, the more detail of their existence is told to the viewing audience. This should be the point that people learn about field level Drum Corps, which could spark interest, thus putting more spectators in the stands. I can see how this could be a shot in arm for the activity. "GO EDGE GO"!!!

nice thought..BUT I dont think it will ever do what you say....for many reasons JMO....Hope these guys just enjoy the experience and have fun and maybe make the cut to maybe make a TV spot.

Edited by GUARDLING

And Rush! Whoops! Mike beat me to it. :cool:

Actually, if you go back to post #71, 15 posts before Mike's post #86... :tongue::rolleyes:

It's been said before by an infinitely more famous writer than myself, but the whole world is a stage.

Edited to add smilies so no one thinks I'm that full of myself, except for when I am.

Edited by Michael Boo

When Howard Stern judges, does he say he represents radio show hosts ?

BaBa Booey

• Like 1

They did something that more than a few drum corps DON'T do...they entertained the audience they performed for in Rochester.

I'm sorry but I found something to be entertained by in every single performance I saw this year. I think going about advertising them while taking pot shots at other corps doesn't really help matters. This isn't an 'us' versus 'them' type of thing IMO.

If some people don't want to like it, their loss.

• Like 4

People keep giving the TRUTH red negatives.

Drum corps is about the young performers presenting their professionally designed on-field productions at a high level of excellence.

• Like 3

That's funny...I've always thought that an I&E competition was part of what Drum Corps was all about. Many of these competitions are held on a stage, which is the venue in the video.

Wow...it was a joke. Any post that references Cadets 2008 is obviously tongue-in-cheek...I thought that was a well known dcp rule...

• Like 1

Your narrow view of what drum corps is is sad. I have known, seen, performed in and enjoyed MANY kinds/styles/forms of drum corps. ALL of them have a place in the world of the marching art we call drum corps. I wish everyone in The Edge all the best in bringing their particular form of drum corps to the American public...

+1 Some of my favorite shows over the decades were done by smaller corps and also by a few that didn't have that great of a score. LOL, even the DM of one said they couldn't execute for #### but still had a crowd pleasing show..... Something for everyone is a good concept when you need fan support to survive.

• Like 1

Drum corps is about the young performers presenting their professionally designed on-field productions at a high level of excellence.

This is as patently false as the notion that drum corps is only about high stepping, valve rotor bugles playing 4 minute concert numbers with marching chimes... Its funny how some 'new-school' types (which i am technically a part of) demand respect for their version of the activity from everyone, yet turn right around and diminish everything that doesn't fit their narrow view of what drum corps should be. And again - i only aged out 5 years ago....

• Like 4

People keep giving the TRUTH red negatives.

So a small start up drum corps that is no where close to "a high level of excellence" isn't really a drum corps either?

How absolutely elitist and exclusionary of you.

*edit ~ Carolina Crown, that corps that I am assuming ypu find falls into your definition of a drum corps ~ they started off no where close to where they are now. If they only believed what you claim to be drum corps, they should have hung up their uniforms years ago instead of trying to improve every year.*

Edited by LegalEagle50
  • Like 6