Super Bowl

You probably right g-rott. Besides, a little bird told me that it was actually Santa Clara Vanguard's percussionists who recorded the tracks for Super Bowl halftime.

Although, NFL Referee Ed Hochuli swore to me that John Donovan overdubbed all the percussion tracks himself, and even dubbed Madonna's vocals:

My link

Edited by Rollo Tomasi
  • Like 2

It was excellent, but all performances of the National Anthem will be fighting for 2nd place behind Whitney Houston.

The Whitney Houston version was an over-produced monstrosity, for my $.02.

Sorry, but the notion of our National Anthem as a pop music power ballad leaves me cold. I'll take the Marine Band playing the Sousa-Damrosch arrangement any day of the week - and twice on Super Bowl Sunday.

Peace,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5
  • Like 3

Nah, NE/Phil Super Bowl wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mphWRaTNgyw

Just goes to show you..if you want something done right..give it to a busy man! And there's never anyone busier than our military...! :thumbup:

Edited by Plan9

Wait!!!! They played "Empire State Of Mind" in Lucas Oil Stadium and my TV screen didn't go black.............I'm so confused!!!!!!!!! Does Not compute!!!! I need therapy now!!!!!!

Haha, I said the same thing. No one around me got it though...

Nah, NE/Phil Super Bowl wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mphWRaTNgyw

Whenever people ask me what I think the national anthem should be performed like I give them that link. Chills. Awesome stuff.

The Whitney Houston version was an over-produced monstrosity, for my $.02.

Sorry, but the notion of our National Anthem as a pop music power ballad leaves me cold. I'll take the Marine Band playing the Sousa-Damrosch arrangement any day of the week - and twice on Super Bowl Sunday.

Peace,

Fred O.

It was also pre-recorded and she lip-synced the performance.

Wait!!!! They played "Empire State Of Mind" in Lucas Oil Stadium and my TV screen didn't go black.............I'm so confused!!!!!!!!! Does Not compute!!!! I need therapy now!!!!!!

I've already been working on an article for the February 15 DCI.now that will explain (I hope) everything. It will also show up on DCI.org that day. Please stay tuned. Until then, I can't say anything more.

It was Cadets. Rob Hardy who volunteers with Cadets, and marched with me in Hurricanes, was there and posted about it ! Recorded at Met Life Stadium in December.

• Like 1

Whenever people ask me what I think the national anthem should be performed like I give them that link. Chills. Awesome stuff.

Here's what happened when I clicked the link today. Sorry I missed the link :(

nfl.png

No worries, I'll watch Super Bowl and half time on TV next year as I've done for decades :)

Here's what happened when I clicked the link today. Sorry I missed the link :(

nfl.png

No worries, I'll watch Super Bowl and half time on TV next year as I've done for decades :)

Ack! got yanked...

Sorry you missed it - was really spine-tingling good, gorgeous chill inducing chords.