Super Bowl

The drummers during halftime were high school students from Avon, Center Grove, Fishers, and Franklin Central.

the track was apparently recorded by the Cadets

Madonna had a great guard! :tongue: 2 of my favs in 1 day; football and pageantry :thumbup:

edit: for 35 years we (drum corps folks) have watched the game and half time. Bob (one of our former corps directors) says to me 'How many snare drums Linda?'. I said 'Too many to count!' and I gave him 2 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by lindap

Star Spangled Banner was the following:

Bass Drum - Jason Hammond (staff @ Center Grove, Glassmen Alum, bass tech @ Troopers)

Bass Drum - Jeff Huffman (Percussion Director @ Franklin Central, Star if Indiana Alum, Chops Percussion head honcho)

Snare - Jeff Queen (Percussion Director @ Avon, y'all know his drum corps bio)

Snare - Josh Torres (Percussion Director @ Center Grove current Troopers staff)

Snare - Brian Blume (staff @ Center Grove, and Northview http://brianblumemusic.com )

Snare - Nick Taylor (staff @ Center Grove, Snare Tech @ SCV)

And their students were on the stage with Madonna at half time.

IPA represent!

http://indianapercussion.org/

Edited by mingusmonk

So guess it would be worth while to watch on the DVR when I get home eh? :devil:

Last night we went out for my wifes' oh #### 5-0 and saw the pre-game National Anthem and the rest at the resturant. LMAO, TV was 40 feet away thru a plate glass window and couldn't hear any sound. Drum line look great to me though and I'm a horn player. Halftime I was busy getting the in-laws home so no idea what went on except some woman #### close to my age was doing something. :devil:

And yeah... DVR'ed for some commercials I want to catch. Bue-ler.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Not a football fan...Of either kind...Now that they've started posting all the ad spots on YouTube ahead of the game, I've got no incentive to watch at all (Madonna notwithstanding.) satisfied.gif

I think the Super Bowl is the perfect time to have one of our top drum corps perform a couple of songs for everybody to give exposure to the activity.

p.s. I'm sorry. I couldn't help adding this to this thread. It's just my 2 cents lol

• Like 1

I think the Super Bowl is the perfect time to have one of our top drum corps perform a couple of songs for everybody to give exposure to the activity.

p.s. I'm sorry. I couldn't help adding this to this thread. It's just my 2 cents lol

LOL, NY Daily News had a funny article about the SB halftime shows the last couple of years and lot of it was based on the age of the performers (Springsteen, Madonna, Who, U2, etc, etc). Writers suggestion for 2013 was Wierd Al Yankovitch. ".... Madonna couldn't do Like a Virgin at the SB, at least Al could do Like A Surgeon...". Yeah and Al's getting up there too.....

Thinking of youth in a DC made me think of the "age based" article.

The actual percussion playing was recorded by the Cadets. Per George Hopkins via Facebook: "

I betcha I know who pre-recorded the percussion piece with Madonna :-) about a month ago. All was piped in for television and live performance. Great job by all"

I'm curious to know if The Cadets had to sign a non-disclosure agreement that permanently forbids them to promote their involvement in prerecording portions for the halftime production. Other groups involved in last nights events had to refrain from disclosing their involvement until shortly before the event, but could eventually announce their participation.

If the Cadets did record portions for lsst evening's halftime show, it's sad that they can't take credit for it. It's even sadder that George may have circumvented said agreement with his Facebook antics last evening (posts that now appear to have been removed by the user).

• Like 1

Star Spangled Banner was the following:

Bass Drum - Jason Hammond (staff @ Center Grove, Glassmen Alum, bass tech @ Troopers)

Bass Drum - Jeff Huffman (Percussion Director @ Franklin Central, Star if Indiana Alum, Chops Percussion head honcho)

Snare - Jeff Queen (Percussion Director @ Avon, y'all know his drum corps bio)

Snare - Josh Torres (Percussion Director @ Center Grove current Troopers staff)

Snare - Brian Blume (staff @ Center Grove, and Northview http://brianblumemusic.com )

Snare - Nick Taylor (staff @ Center Grove, Snare Tech @ SCV)

And their students were on the stage with Madonna at half time.

IPA represent!

http://indianapercussion.org/

Brian is also a Glassmen alumni as well. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe he was center Snare in 2004-2005.

• Like 1

I'm curious to know if The Cadets had to sign a non-disclosure agreement that permanently forbids them to promote their involvement in prerecording portions for the halftime production. Other groups involved in last nights events had to refrain from disclosing their involvement until shortly before the event, but could eventually announce their participation.

If the Cadets did record portions for lsst evening's halftime show, it's sad that they can't take credit for it. It's even sadder that George may have circumvented said agreement with his Facebook antics last evening (posts that now appear to have been removed by the user).

Did Hop actually say it was the Cadets....or just imply? Maybe he didn't circumvent anything..