partial list of DCI Casualties

an argument/ differences between A parent and the director/ corps and a seperation began. the usual reasons for seperation

I also understood that part of the argument was due to not all that many Plebes being placed in the Cadets, as kids like me from other local area field corps filled a lot of the slots.

Audiodb: Please read the former postings by danielray very carefully. He does not want to just kick 18 on down out of the WC, he wants to kick them and the entire OC out from under the support of DCI.

I want to kick all corps out... and replace them with new corps made up entirely of 7 legged robots.

(btw - read my posts very carefully.... you are wrong. I suggested trimming WC down to about 18 corps and that a few current OC corps... probably about 3-4 at the absoute bottom.... might find a better outlet outside of DCI. And... if they stepped up, and competition was really a part of their mission, then it might make sense for them later to come back. But... what is the point of competing, when you are not even close to being competitive?)

• Like 1

I want to kick all corps out... and replace them with new corps made up entirely of 7 legged robots.

(btw - read my posts very carefully.... you are wrong. I suggested trimming WC down to about 18 corps and that a few current OC corps... probably about 3-4 at the absoute bottom.... might find a better outlet outside of DCI. And... if they stepped up, and competition was really a part of their mission, then it might make sense for them later to come back. But... what is the point of competing, when you are not even close to being competitive?)

Send this question to the Indianapolis Colts and you will have an answer!

Without a doubt the dumbest thing I have heard in my 45 years in drum and bugle activity.

There was a mad man back in the 30's and 40's whos thought pattern, though on a grander scale, wasn't far from this one. Its our diversity and what use to be the Un-known of compitition, that was the foundation of the activity itself. The chance that the little guy DID have a chance to knock off one of the big guys. This is Elitist thinking and would only benifit the current WC corps, NOT promote the welfare of all corps and the activity itself.

If corps of the past did such a poor job (In your opinion) then tell me,,why is it that just about every major band program in the country, adopted the drum & bugle corps style??

Edited by BariBrian
  • Like 1

Please read what people say! Don't spin it around to suit yourself.

I never said it was DCI's job to manage corps. One thing I can say to you.....

If you are on here ranting because you feel superior, I have some news....there are many people on DCP who have been around and have much more knowledge of this activity than you and I. Stop trying to pick fights!

What are you talking about? It is not DCI's responsibility to manage corps or babysit their management. They only stepped in to babysit in recent years to keep some groups from creating situations that would reflect poorly on the activity as a whole.

• Like 1

Without a doubt the dumbest thing I have heard in my 45 years in drum and bugle activity.

There was a mad man back in the 30's and 40's whos thought pattern, though on a grander scale, wasn't far from this one. Its our diversity and what use to be the Un-known of compitition, that was the foundation of the activity itself. The chance that the little guy DID have a chance to knock off one of the big guys. This is Elitist thinking and would only benifit the current WC corps, NOT promote the welfare of all corps and the activity itself.

If corps of the past did such a poor job (In your opinion) then tell me,,why is it that just about every major band program in the country, adopted the drum & bugle corps style??

Hmmm...does this sideways reference invoke Godwin's Law? :tongue:

Perhaps :lookaround:

While Godwin's Law cautions about overuse so as to keep the comparisons from becoming trite, it does not make any declaration about whether any particular reference or comparison might be appropriate. Also, claiming Godwin's Law as a defense can be abused as a distraction by mis-characterizing a person’s use of comparison as hyperbole when the comparison can be deemed applicable.

Edited by Stu

While Godwin's Law cautions about overuse so as to keep the comparisons from becoming trite, it does not make any declaration about whether any particular reference or comparison might be appropriate. Also, claiming Godwin's Law as a defense can be abused as a distraction by mis-characterizing a person’s use of comparison as hyperbole when the comparison can be deemed applicable.

:blink:

ummm... are you and Mike talking about the same thing here?