Two questions on Cadets2

5. Is there an age limit (saw a reference to that in another thread)?

5a. If so, why? DCA is an ALL-age activity.

DCI puts an upper age limit of all it's corps.

DCA doesn't.. BUT DCA also allows it's member corps to set their (corps) own rules.

5. Yes,..............I think it is 23 or maybe 25 (I wonder if Hop is secretly kicking himself for this, as recruiting does not seem to be going as well as he would like)

5a. Because Hop makes his own rules inside the rules.

5. Yes,..............I think it is 23 or maybe 25 (I wonder if Hop is secretly kicking himself for this, as recruiting does not seem to be going as well as he would like)

5a. Because Hop makes his own rules inside the rules.

disagree with you on 5a. Some DCA corps have been putting age rules on their corps for years. Others have 0. Doesn't matter who it is who says you have to be so & so age to be a member, it still is a rule.

• Like 1

Sharpsburg Cadets - formed in 1916 - lasted until 1974 ...

:-)

"Senior 'Cadets'":

The olde Imhoff American Legion Post from Philly was originally called the "Imhoff Cadets". They changed their name to "Imhoff Thunderbirds" in 1951 or 52. They were pretty competitive in PA senior circles durring the early 1950s.

The olde Osmond Post drum corps site has some information on them, and some scores can be found on the "Senior Corps Tribute Site".

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

disagree with you on 5a. Some DCA corps have been putting age rules on their corps for years. Others have 0. Doesn't matter who it is who says you have to be so & so age to be a member, it still is a rule.

yep. My hunch is they have the DCAevaluation to go through at some point, and it's about a lot more than bodies.

I may very well be wrong, but if I recall correctly, DCA (as an association) does have a bottom age and I believe it is no one 12 years old (or under) are allowed on the performance field. I believe there is something of that nature stated in the DCA Rules Book.

The Kilties do not have any member 12 years old or under performing; rather they drive the buses. :blink:

I may very well be wrong, but if I recall correctly, DCA (as an association) does have a bottom age and I believe it is no one 12 years old (or under) are allowed on the performance field. I believe there is something of that nature stated in the DCA Rules Book.

The Kilties do not have any member 12 years old or under performing; rather they drive the buses. :blink:

nope... no mention of performer's ages in any rules... (or by-laws) never has been...

My understanding is that it's because they are a part of YEA, the first word in that acronym being "youth." I guess they wouldn't be living up to their name if they had a lot of older people in there