Phantom Regiment 2012

Just watched the Walnut show on FN. Not liking the electronics at all. Takes away from some of the horn impact points. It just feels overused right now.

Otherwise, I still love the show. Excited to see what changes they made!

I know this isn't '12 related- sorry

Thinking about '13- how cool would it be if they played the '03? show again- ten years later?

(GASP- it's been TEN years next year already????)

That would be cool. Re-playing "The Modern Imagination" from 1993 would be even cooler.

• Like 3

That would be cool. Re-playing "The Modern Imagination" from 1993 would be even cooler.

Seconded. I would love to see that show revamped, especially since I was 2 when they performed it the first time.

Just watched the Walnut show on FN. Not liking the electronics at all. Takes away from some of the horn impact points. It just feels overused right now.

Otherwise, I still love the show. Excited to see what changes they made!

I agree fully.

anyone else feel like the end of the intro/opener is a salute/tribute to J.D. Shaw? Hello exposed mellos holding a high note!!!

More I think about it, more I think the gap should have been bigger. Phantom's percussion should have been a little closer to SCV, and SCV's visual scores should have been a little bit lower. Gap should have been 1.7~2.0 instead of 1.4 IMO.

Question; have yet to see them live so have not gotten a good read but I was impressed with the drum line and writing early on but when I look at the spreads, it seem pretty huge

Did they stall, is SCV and BD just THAT good or is it another dues paying year for the New Guy to DCI (felt they were a bit under scored last year but hey, that’s DCI so its expected)

or maybe a conflict of style, that WGI stuff doesn't sell in DCI?

Curious what those who have seen them recently think about the spreads and if they are accurate?

And yeah, I’ll account for a little bias by asking in this thread but I figure it will be a fairer shake than asking in the SCV (drum lines is holy) or BD (they are the Ubermench of DCI) threads as Regiment fans are always hardest on their homer corps

It seems like a very beautiful show, on VOD at least. Only real complaint -- haven't we had enough of death already? I have, anyway.

• Like 1

I hope they changed the beheading – it’s not very well executed :tongue:

I'm sure they'll reap the rewards in the end.