Favorite show from 2011 season?

Coolest and the Best of '11

Opener- Bluecoats

Ballad/Middle- Cadets

Closer- Madison

Solo- Boston

Drill moves- Blue Devils

Guard- Crown

I was almost going to say "Ballad - Cadets" WHAT??? But, then I saw you put "Solo - Boston". YES!!! I'll probably still be remembering that moment when 2011 is referred to as "back in the day".

• Like 1

Coolest and the Best of '11

Opener- Bluecoats

Ballad/Middle- Cadets

Closer- Madison

Solo- Boston

Drill moves- Blue Devils

Guard- Crown

umm BD and drill moves???? sometimes I forget they even do drill.

Now Cadets drill was ######

• Like 2

Enough to win feet? We'll have to agree to disagree.

http://30.media.tumb...hhnano1_500.jpg

http://www.flickr.co...N04/6051505900/

At what point in the season were those photos taken?

And they got credit for the difficulty of their book. Which BD couldn't even touch.

I'd like to see BD march a difficult book like Cadets one time, just to see how they do. I think BDBs book was harder than the A corps...

• Like 4

Look, no offense, but if we ever happen to be sitting next to each other at a show, please keep this isolated-snapshot-analysis method to yourself.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to employ your own judging criteria for your own edification. I'm just saying I don't want you to interfere with my system, which depends on judging feet in real-time during shows.

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 5

2011 was a great year and may one day be one of those years that will become a favorite of the "back in the day" crowd. There were many examples of corps that were both entertaining and excellent, though truth to be told, I don't think there has ever been a year that I haven't felt both were achieved, but this year seemed that entertainment and excellence were more across the board. Highlights: Cadets "Angels and Demons," Crown's "Rachstar" fun fest that was both off the wall and in control, Boston's solo "Bring Him Home" and Phantom's "Juliet"are only some of the highlights. Big Live and Loud introduced me to theAcademy, a corps I hope to see in this year's finals and via Big, Loud and Live I had a chance to see the beloved Troopers who need to come East (New England)more often, but that's for another thread.

If we're looking at a favorite show from a corps, BAC's "Revolution"was my favorite. Yes, many corps have done "Les Miserables" but when it's done well it is always a crowd pleaser and combining it with "1812" was original. Excellent visual show as well.

If we're looking at shows as in competitions, I caught two live shows hosted by BAC last year taht were equally great: East Coast Classic in Lawrence, MA and CYO NationalsTribute in Quincy, MA where in the stands was a three generations drum corps familywatching a fourth on the field. At least two of the generations were Boston Crusaders.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

They won the Visual Performance judge all 3 nights of Championships (.4 lead in quarterfinals, .1 in semis, .1 in finals). They were .2 behind Blue Devils in Visual Ensemble all 3 nights, and .5 behind in guard in quarters and semis, and .3 behind in finals. They were .3 behind in Visual total in semis, .2 in Finals, and they WON visual in quarterfinals.

So to answer your question, yes.

http://30.media.tumb...hhnano1_500.jpg

http://www.flickr.co...N04/6051505900/

You see, when you have people pointing in several different directions, their feet look different...

• Like 1