Bluecoats 40th - top "moments"

It's been mentioned a couple of times, but 1995 is one of my all-timetop 5 favorite shows.

• Like 1

Definitely the first rendition of Autumn Leaves in 87.

The season the guard played the last note of the show doubling the volume.

2002 was one of my favorite early shows from them.

2005's closer

2006 ending moment.

2007 beating every corps at least once.

2008 boxer

2009 getting my jacket signifying that I was a Bluecoat

2010 besides the obvious events, the playing RFL standing on one leg.

2011 highest notes played on tubas/contras ever! Surprised that never got talked about much

2005 - Alex Bender (sop soloist) :worthy:

Also, though it won't make everyone's top 40, but I really enjoy their '96 American Celebrations show. Just makes me smile every time.

1993 - I just dig the whole show, top to bottom

1995 - Some real goosebump moments

1996 - The opener and the closer are very well done

2002 - One of the most played shows on my phone

2003 - I dug the entire show, just like 93...very entertaining

2007-2011: all of those shows get lost of play in the car.

• Like 1

2012--There will be something memorable this year, I am sure of it

2011--Creep, of course, and then how it comes back to that music at the end--Also loved backflip of one of the members as he entered the Brave New World.

2010-Metropolis--Opening with the color guard--Solo on Mic and the attitude of the player--amazing on the dvd--the slow section when the drums are lined up the 50 and the rest of the corps is on one half of the field

The Fighter--After the amazing Brass section, the singing of the corps--(not part of a show but there is a clip of last year's corps singing Creep--very good)

"Freeze, you have the right to remain silent!" A crowd pleaser every time.

These are the most recent and first moments that come to mind

1976 - Shows in Toronto (Scarabough) spent the day marching/playing in exhibition place we were beat but then gave our best performance - scored our first 70 while 10 pts behind the Seneca Optimists and Oakland Crusaders our horn line came of age the crowd gave us a standing ovation and clapped us off the field....and if memory serves me right were were less than a point in brass to both oakland and seneca, we just couldn't march One of the best things that year was Truman Crawford was our arranger and came in and taught us in person on a number of ocassions... somewhere I have a recording if i can ever figure out how to digitize it....:)

• Like 1

I can go on and on about Bluecoats. But right now, the show I'm most addicted to is 2009. From top to bottom, the show is fantastic in all aspects. All of the drum features are delicious, and the brass has those impacts that can give you chills.

For sure the 1995 show, so many great moments there.

2005- the Tabla drumming section

2006- that ballad was beautiful

2007- tuba feature, the closer with the member in the old uniform running out

2008- The Boxer, and that drum solo, so creative

2010- Whole show, but that tuba feature in Aha! was mind-blowing, plus the bari solo in Asphalt Cocktail, that is so cool!

2011- Creep, and the quadrophonic section in the ballad. Such a cool idea.

1976 - Shows in Toronto (Scarabough) spent the day marching/playing in exhibition place we were beat but then gave our best performance - scored our first 70 while 10 pts behind the Seneca Optimists and Oakland Crusaders our horn line came of age the crowd gave us a standing ovation and clapped us off the field....and if memory serves me right were were less than a point in brass to both oakland and seneca, we just couldn't march One of the best things that year was Truman Crawford was our arranger and came in and taught us in person on a number of ocassions... somewhere I have a recording if i can ever figure out how to digitize it....:)

1976 :D

76-news7.jpg

• Like 1