Best Impacts

koburd,

Thanks for the response. You answered my question, which is very good of you.

New question: Now that you have seen the responses to date, what conclusion, if any, have you drawn from them? I don't think there's any "right" answer, but I don't think you would have asked the question unless you had something in mind. Would you care to elaborate a little more?

Kevin

some not mentioned

11 pr ending of elsas. thats effect for ya

and homer time... 09 stars, i will agree the rest of that show was 8 place, but the first 20 second horn impact was saucy. im proud of that moment

but arguably the best of all time? 96 star of that there indiana "wall of sound"

'96 Star you say?

• Like 1

'96 Star you say?

what the derp? lol. "wall of sound' ? what? wrong corps catch phrase even

I'm guessing TubaJon was referring to the 86 Star of Indiana at the end of Close Encounters. That was indeed a wall of sound.

An oldie impact that still gets me going is during 80 Madison's Ice Castles, after the company front turns into a V-formation, they follow 2 counts of silence (except for the DM) with a monumental re-entry. Absolutely love it! And the middle horn re-entry during the sustained final chord - :thumbup:

The second power chord towards the end of One More Time Chuck Corea, 1982 BD, at 9:44 on FN. It's a keeper. :thumbup:

• Like 1

A corps that doesn't get talked about all that much in here, the 1983 The Freelancers:

- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

The push just after that sweet sop solo

-Even Now

The push after Carl, (the DM) shouts out to the crowd... "We've got something you're really gonna like... HERE IT IS!"

• Like 1

<sigh> wow. uh Only a few have mentioned it BUT!!!! The ULTIMATE IMPACT of ALL TIME !!!!! <Reality> 1979/1980 Spirit of Atlanta Opening <sheesh people>

Suncoast Sound 88 (scaring the little girl)

Crossmen 92 coming out of the drum break

2008 Bluecoats - The Boxer brass feature

• Like 2

Measton;

So what are you doing for a face these days? I hope it's not a hockey mask. Care to contribute towards my hearing aids?

4119.jpg

Suitable, I think.

And if I keep listening in on these corps, even to a greater extent than last year, I may need an aid myself!