Best Impacts

It was impressive. That's why I think it's funny that after the release you hear approximately 15 people in the stands clap as everyone else sits on their hands. Madison does almost the exact same intro in 2010/2011 and the crowd goes nuts.

Z

I was one of those 15

some not mentioned

11 pr ending of elsas. thats effect for ya

and homer time... 09 stars, i will agree the rest of that show was 8 place, but the first 20 second horn impact was saucy. im proud of that moment

but arguably the best of all time? 96 star of that there indiana "wall of sound"

• Like 2

Don't disagree. Always liked that show.Compare Cavie's RSD with 80 Reading Buccaneers. Fely Intelesting.Kevin

My two favorite corps! Why do I hear 'My Favorite Things' in my head right now? ;-)

Another one comes to mind for me, now that I think about it: The very first hit in Mad World. (BA-DUM!)

That one stands out for me, because I (being young) had never heard the Cavies play loud like that before. It stands out even more for me as I had just finished explaining to my friend that the Cavies weren't very loud live. (oh the irony!)

Edited by mikespeed
  • Like 1

Another one comes to mind for me, now that I think about it: The very first hit in Mad World. (BA-DUM!)

That one stands out for me, because I (being young) had never heard the Cavies play loud like that before. It stands out even more for me as I had just finished explaining to my friend that the Cavies weren't very loud live. (oh the irony!)

I went to a practice and heard the corps perform the show that evening (in late June of 2010). This was my first exposure to drum corps of any type, so they blew me away as well!

When I went to DCI Allentown (my first actual show!), the Crossmen, Blue Devils, and Carolina Crown blew my face off in the drizzle of the night.

As promised, i did listen to 83 Phantom opening statement. Very impressive. But it brings me back to an earlier point I made. Are we talking about hits or longer passages?

The author used both terms. I am a patient person, but I do get annoyed when a question is asked and the OP disappears.

In the thread there were mentions of 88 Scouts. Magnificent performance, but not a single hit.

I'm not trying to say that I know more than anyone else. I'm just unsure what we're really talking about.

I attempted to define terms in the absence of anyone else doing it - just for discussion purposes.

Not sure where this is going. No offense intended to anyone.

Kevin

I was referring to both. Hits, passages, doesn't matter to me. Just what are the loudest and most impressive moments in drum corps history? smile.gif

Measton;

So what are you doing for a face these days? I hope it's not a hockey mask. Care to contribute towards my hearing aids?

They brought the pain alright. Tuning and timbre pain.

Such an awesome show, such an awesome hornline. Really makes me sad that 3 or 4 trumpet players decided to #### in the cheerios the whole show.

Eh, they didn't decide to do anything. The temperature dropped about 10 degrees between the end of the warmup and the beginning of the show. It was a very strange feeling, and by the time everyone figured out what had happened, there was no time to adjust the (notched) tuning slides. Just a bizarre experience all around.

Coming off the field, I think everyone felt like we would be in 2nd place, given the panel and the sub-par performance. Felt very fortunate to not be.

• Like 2