Best Impacts

D,

I don't disagree, and this would be in my top picks of all-time openers, so would Festival.

However the terms are still not defined. What does impact mean? Only the author can tell us what they were getting at, and that has failed to happen.

Kevin

The opening segment of Cavies 76 Russian Sailors Dance has always been a favorite of mine.

Edited by A Cavalier TDY

Don't disagree. Always liked that show.Compare Cavie's RSD with 80 Reading Buccaneers. Fely Intelesting.Kevin

[re:SCV "Bottle Dance" tag at '82 finals]

You can barely hear the horns on the recording over everyone screaming

Apparently neither could the drum line on the field, hahahaha! Timing was little rough, to say the least. :smile:

A couple of my favorites form back in the day: Phantom opening hit 1983; Garfield Cadets three note impact at end of WSS "Rumble" 1984.

Peace,

Fred O.

Fred.

I am going to listen to PR 83 right now. I always enjoy being reminded about great moments.

Thanks,

Kevin

Filling in some more that haven't been mentioned:

2001 Glassmen: like it or not, IMAGO had some huge impacts

:rolleyes:

Good ears my friend. (didn't think someone would think of this one..)

I remember them real well...I would say that Glassmen's 2001 hornline put out the most volume out of the top five corps.

So many impacts that I can talk about but....to many..to little time. Tried to think of a unique one folks didnt remember....here is another strange one (not sure if it was mentioned yet.

1998 Magic of Orlando (13th place)

A hornline that surprised a lot of folks with their opening statement and volume was Magic 1998

Main impact at 1:28 then again at 1:47 and I think just about everyone's sentiment at 1:55 (listen to the guy yell)

video link

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 1

best impacts of my generation of relevance is probably 1999, Blue Devils, SCV, Madison, Boston, even Glassmen were all amazing stuff. 03, 07, 08, 10 Phantom in addition to 95, 96, 97, 98, 03, 05, 08, 10, 11 Madison and Carolina with 05, 07, 08, 09. BD 03 and 07 were legit as well.

As promised, i did listen to 83 Phantom opening statement. Very impressive. But it brings me back to an earlier point I made. Are we talking about hits or longer passages?

The author used both terms. I am a patient person, but I do get annoyed when a question is asked and the OP disappears.

In the thread there were mentions of 88 Scouts. Magnificent performance, but not a single hit.

I'm not trying to say that I know more than anyone else. I'm just unsure what we're really talking about.

I attempted to define terms in the absence of anyone else doing it - just for discussion purposes.

Not sure where this is going. No offense intended to anyone.

Kevin

• Like 2