Cadets Offer $1500. in tour credits for mellophone soloist

O.O

People getting offended about auditioning for soloists and scholarships is most flabbergasting... Let's be real here.

Who said the current mello phones aren't good enough? Who says corps have to only look within their ranks for the best players after "audition season"? (Even though every corps look for new:better players all the time in the summer up to just weeks before finals!) And who honestly thinks that scholarships offered based on talent and performance aren't great for our activity and gives the most talented a financial boost.

Cannot. Compute. Outrage. LOL

For some reason, people love to manufacture controversy about the Cadets.

george%2520hopkins.jpg

• Like 2

O.O

People getting offended about auditioning for soloists and scholarships is most flabbergasting... Let's be real here.

Who said the current mello phones aren't good enough? Who says corps have to only look within their ranks for the best players after "audition season"? (Even though every corps look for new:better players all the time in the summer up to just weeks before finals!) And who honestly thinks that scholarships offered based on talent and performance aren't great for our activity and gives the most talented a financial boost.

Cannot. Compute. Outrage. LOL

Exactly. Here's an alternative scenario...

Hopkins and the staff already have someone picked in their mello line for this spot and, thanks to the generosity of an alum, are giving that person $1500 under the table, on the sly to be put towards their dues to be their featured soloist WITHOUT EVEN AUDITIONING the rest of the line.

That's better.... how, exactly?

Let's remember that (and I know I'm citing a wholly unreliable source, i.e. the article that started this topic), but what they are apparently looking for is not something that they necessarily would have asked of current members in their winter auditions. It very well may end up being someone that's already been to every camp and they just don't know it yet because they haven't asked them for it. I don't pretend to know what kind of sound or aspect of performance the staff is looking for, but others on here apparently do. I wish I was as smart as them.

• Like 1

I think it is absolutely ridiculous how people are responding so negatively to this incentive. Ever heard of a "scholarship"? That's all it is. My gosh, people. Relax!

(and I wonder how many of the negative responses are from people who recieved music scholarships to their collegiate institutions.)

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 1

Given the way sentiments have been going on this thread I wouldn't want to be THAT person. Can you imagine the verbal assaults from the stands?

If there are verbal assaults on this individual, I hope security removes such people from the stadium and then in the parking lot..................................................(never mind)....................

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 1

If there are verbal assaults on this individual, I hope security removes such people from the stadium and then in the parking lot..................................................(never mind)....................

Green Plus for you!

• Like 1

only warranted when the west coast fans do it #movefinals #greatestfansindci #westcoastisbestcoast