Crossmen 2012 - Fragile

agree with the dirty drill...

on the plus side though, the really dirty spots should be pretty easy to clean up to par, which could translate into some easy points.

edit: also remember performance slot... Crossmen went on way way way before BS and BK. They will be much closer at the San Antonio show so the judges will have looks that are back to back instead of having to remember so far back to place the corps exactly how they want to.

Edited by soccerguy315

agree with the dirty drill...

on the plus side though, the really dirty spots should be pretty easy to clean up to par, which could translate into some easy points.

edit: also remember performance slot... Crossmen went on way way way before BS and BK. They will be much closer at the San Antonio show so the judges will have looks that are back to back instead of having to remember so far back to place the corps exactly how they want to.

Here's the Line up for Saturday in San Antonio. Slot looks a little better.

DCI Southwestern Championship

The Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas

Saturday, July 21

11:00 AM – Gates Open

1:30 PM – Forte

1:47 PM – Genesis

2:04 PM – Oregon Crusaders

2:21 PM – Revolution

2:38 PM – Pioneer

2:55 PM – Mandarins

3:12 PM – Cascades

3:29 PM – Jersey Surf

3:46 PM – Pacific Crest

4:03 PM – Intermission

4:54 PM – Troopers

5:11 PM – Colts

5:28 PM – The Academy

5:45 PM – Crossmen

6:02 PM – Glassmen

6:19 PM – Blue Knights

6:36 PM – Spirit of Atlanta

6:53 PM – Blue Stars

7:10 PM – Boston Crusaders

7:27 PM – Intermission

7:44 PM – The Cavaliers

8:01 PM – Madison Scouts

8:18 PM – Bluecoats

8:35 PM – Phantom Regiment

8:52 PM – Santa Clara Vanguard

9:09 PM – The Cadets

9:26 PM – Blue Devils

9:43 PM – Carolina Crown

First of all, I love the fact that there will not be an intermission between us and the top 12! Between that, a home field advantage, and the home crowds they are in a great spot for a jump up.

But why are we not performing in the order in which we placed at the first regional event?

Edited by proudTXmom

First of all, I love the fact that there will not be an intermission between us and the top 12! Between that, a home field advantage, and the home crowds they are in a great spot for a jump up.

But why are we not performing in the order in which we placed at the first regional event?

After Minneapolis, the next regional order is done by taking the score of the previous regional (or is it average of prior regionals that year?), breaking everyone into groups of three (1st-3rd, 4th-6th, etc) and randomly drawn by group. So, for San Antonio, Crossmen place 13th, putting them in the 13th-15th triad.

They determine the performance order for the San Antonio regional by taking yesterday's results, putting them in groups of 3's, then randomly drawing for one of those 3 slots. So Crossmen could have drawn either the 13th, 14th, or 15th slot. The 14th slot isn't a bad performance time, considering that last night the Crossmen had a healthy spread over corps that performed up to 4 slots after them. Looking forward to an accurate read this Saturday :thumbup:

• Like 1

I believe Crossmen have a good show with the potential of being in finals, but they will have to perform the product better than they did last night if they are going to be successful when finals comes along. They were really dull on Saturday.

I never liked the duet in the closer. Just didn't seem to be all that right although it is in the original music. The dirty comp front should be better when they fill the hole with the Teal Sound brass Player. My son told me they learned it that same day.

I loved the Maltese cross! And I am feeling a Potential reprise ending.

• Like 1

I never liked the duet in the closer. Just didn't seem to be all that right although it is in the original music. The dirty comp front should be better when they fill the hole with the Teal Sound brass Player. My son told me they learned it that same day.

I loved the Maltese cross! And I am feeling a Potential reprise ending.

I like the Cross, I really like the push they added with it. I want to see it clean. You could tell there were a lot of fresh drill changes that hadn't seen competition yet. Optimistic for San Antonio. You gonna be there? Would love to bump into a few more Sky Alums.

I was at rehearsal today. in the intense breast and humidity of st Louis, they worked hard on drill and guard work. I commend those kids on pushing hard. Even in rehearsals and during the run through, that Mic cut out on the bari soloist and bad. But they were working their tails off to clean the city line an making sure the cover down their ranks .