2012 Blue Devils

Just read the rep- I don't think they're including enough musical selections. :tongue:

• Like 1

I can't speak for others, but I'll speak for myself. It has absolutely nothing to do with being at the top but has everything to do with my disappointment about no longer being entertained by a corps that used to entertain me a great deal. For what it's worth, I enjoyed last year's show quite a bit.

And worth noting that "be excellent to each other," while great advice, does not describe a significant portion of your posting history here.

He's turned into quite the softy lately. He must've run over a small child or something. ($1 to Olympia Dukakis)

As far as BD's show, it seems a bit busy with the rep. It's just too much with not enough time to allow the music to develop. The "intellect" that's forcibly infused into the show description seems borderline contrived and not authentic from an artistic perspective. I'll have to wait and see this summer how it all plays out.

He's turned into quite the softy lately. He must've run over a small child or something. ($1 to Olympia Dukakis)

As far as BD's show, it seems a bit busy with the rep. It's just too much with not enough time to allow the music to develop. The "intellect" that's forcibly infused into the show description seems borderline contrived and not authentic from an artistic perspective. I'll have to wait and see this summer how it all plays out.

counting on you to get me the low down on phantom. stat.

more steel magnolias allusions!

The way the show sets up and reads, gives me the impression, they will once again be building stuff on the field.

This is neither a negative or positive comment on my part.

If they do it like they did last year, this feeling will turn negative. Maybe they lived and learned in how to use/manage/design props a little better.

and chaddy, you're one of the better posters on here, IMO, and one that i wouldn't want to start an argument with. i'll leave it with I agree completely with you about the right for posters to say whatever they want as long as it's withing guidelines, including myself. i'll respectfully disagree that hatred isn't somewhat rampant on here.

I appreciate the compliment. And I'm not arguing that this forum is devoid of any serious negativity. I'm saying that "hate" gets thrown around here too carelessly as a knee-jerk response to anything that isn't perceived as 100% positive and genuine.

I am not the world's biggest BD fan. I do not hide the fact that their shows don't thrill me or move me the way others do. I don't however, "hate" the Blue Devils. As fans of this activity, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who legitimately hates an organization that has provided so much for so many over the years.

Do I criticize their shows? How they're judged? Sure do. Do I do so less than eloquently sometimes? You bet. Can emotions override rational thought? #### straight, especially if it's Finals week.

But do I (or others) truly HATE this corps?

Absolutely not.

• Like 1

the funny thing about this to me is that the cavies started this trend toward modern arranging for dci back in 2000.

their show, "niagara falls", had very little of the actual piece by doherty of the same name. over half a dozen pieces were incorporated into that show, whether we're talking themes, motifs, rhytmic/melodic ostinatos, though few of the individual pieces were listed as part of the rep. lots of mctee, in particular.

it was the perfect saucedo arrangement for me because he took a lot of disparate pieces, and made it into something musically quite wonderful.

many more corps now choose to give credit to all of the pieces that serve as inspiration for the arrangement, including bd. so many corps do it now, and since BD is always near the top, haters focus their rage on them. they'll hide it behind smiley faces and crudely constructed backhanded compliments, but it's hate just the same. sadly, it's all over the board for just about every corps. why?

I will echo what a couple of folks out here have already stated.....the 'Hate' thing....yeah...it's old and predictable.....from the same select group of people. I asked ya last year (fairly nicely) to drop usage of the 'hate' and 'haters' thing....but you seem to like bringing it up....again and again (Probably like the attention). As a quote 'Forum Support Team' member....I would think you would try to be a little more responsible.

As for BD's 2012 show....I will wait to see and hear before making a judgement.....

• Like 3

Now why in the world would I know anything?!?

one wonders....:)

can't go wrong with nessun dorma. just one excellent rep after another. i've only really looked at bd, cavies, crown, and phantom, and i'm liking what i'm seeing.

Honestly, Lance. The H-word is tired.

People are allowed to not like a particular corps for whatever reason. They're also allowed to express their dislike on an internet forum. You can disagree with them, debate them, whatever.

But resorting right to "hate" when there's nothing even close to that in this thread only continues to devalue the word.

you had me at hello