It's Official, Cadets need a new PR writer

Since they are part of the YEA/Cadets organization, they may not need the approval that new, independent groups go through.

They will need to go through as they are separate corps

• Like 1

They will need to go through as they are separate corps

Having gone through a DCI evaluation the key things they are looking for are

1. Financial structure of the corps. Do they have the funding to finish a season?

2. A as-semblance of structure within the corps. Do they have leadership? A board of directors? The proper paperwork for a non profit? Things of that sort.

3. A game plan in place for securing music and music rights.

4. Able bodies to accomplish a field show.

When I was involved with the DCI Evaluation in 2004 it was basically a DCI representative coming in and checking out to make sure you had your ducks in a row. At the time of our evaluation we were still sight reading and had not marched our first dot and we passed with flying colors.

Its pretty much a no brainier that Cadets2 can and will pass.

I just looked at C2's schedule and the DCI website,.............it appears they are not in any DCI sanctioned shows,................

If true This may be a very smart and strategic move by Cadets2

Its my humble opinion that DCI scores even when scored on DCA sheets are not as accurate as DCA scores head to head at a DCA contest. Ive witnessed MBI struggle with this over the years as well as some other DCA corps.

No doubt that Cadets2 have tracked the DCI scores for DCA corps over the years and came to the same conclusion.

Edited by camel lips

They're being touted as putting on an exhibition at The Beanpot at Manning Field in Lynn, Mass. It's supposedly their "First Appearance Ever." I don't have the date off the top of my head but the show is being run by the Cardinals Alumni organization.

I think Exhibition is the way to go at the DCI shows.

Alliance showed us that was the way to go. In 08 they went on as a exhibition corps and did not accept a score till August 2nd. That gave them the benefit of NOT getting a low ball score when they were not ready but still got the benefit of judges sheets. They wound up winning Class A that year. I suspect had they gotten a early season score that was low when they were not as prepared they would have been playing catch up the rest of the season. Brilliant move I think.

Alliance showed us that was the way to go. In 08 they went on as a exhibition corps and did not accept a score till August 2nd. That gave them the benefit of NOT getting a low ball score when they were not ready but still got the benefit of judges sheets. They wound up winning Class A that year.

And they did the same thing in '05, '06 and '07. Placements were 3rd, 6th and 5th in class A. I think what matters is how good the corps is, not whether they had a score announced at an isolated show in June/July.

Anyway, since Cadets2 will compete in several DCA contests, they don't "need" to be judged in their appearances at DCI events. However, they might want to. Their first DCA contest is July 14, a late start compared to top DCA corps. Getting judge feedback at their DCI appearances June 30 and July 7 would put them on the same timetable with those top corps.

They're being touted as putting on an exhibition at The Beanpot at Manning Field in Lynn, Mass. It's supposedly their "First Appearance Ever." I don't have the date off the top of my head but the show is being run by the Cardinals Alumni organization.

Which I don't get because they will perform before that date.

Alliance showed us that was the way to go. In 08 they went on as a exhibition corps and did not accept a score till August 2nd. That gave them the benefit of NOT getting a low ball score when they were not ready but still got the benefit of judges sheets. They wound up winning Class A that year. I suspect had they gotten a early season score that was low when they were not as prepared they would have been playing catch up the rest of the season. Brilliant move I think.

Been there done that with judged exhibition. At least back then the judges saw stuff staff didn't notice or gave a different version of what the "fix it/tweak it" priorities needed to be. Sure changed the practice schedule the next time around... :blink:

Anyone know if the legalities of having rights to the music is the same for DCA as DCI? Wondering since even Alumni-types have to have everything in order before being allowed at a DCI sanctioned show.

When its the off season you miss DCI shows. When you miss DCI shows you go to Drum Corps Planet. When you go to Drum Corps Planet you get into arguments about George Hopkins. When you get into arguments about George Hopkins you punch your monitor. Don't get into arguments about George Hopkins :):):):)

• Like 3