Shaun Canon to Perform at DCI Finals

I'll be honest....I've watched EVERY season of American Idol except the 1st one....and I've NEVER heard of this guy. EVER

Maybe his brother from another mother will show up. Nick Cannon! And we can have Drumline battles on the 50!

Season 7. Made it to Hollywood. However, he was Shaun Barrowes then.

Season 7. Made it to Hollywood. However, he was Shaun Barrowes then.

I barely remember anyone in the bottom of the Top 12. But hey....any publicity is GOOD publicity. I'm happy about this!

• Like 1

Cough, Splutter....... £ not €

We said NO.

We don't have any of those keys on our keyboards and character map is a pain to bring up... tongue.gif

...and than you for saying NO to €'s...

I'll be honest....I've watched EVERY season of American Idol except the 1st one....and I've NEVER heard of this guy. EVER

Maybe his brother from another mother will show up. Nick Cannon! And we can have Drumline battles on the 50!

Hahahaha! Well, I don't know. It's what is being said. Maybe he wasn't a finalist? Season 7 according to him.

Here's his bio:

IMDB

Edited by maestro!

I posted in another thread that I have no clue who this guy is. But what do you guys want? The rolling stones to perform at the championships? Not going to happen.

Be happy that someone is out there supporting our activity. It's like someone donating $100 but throwing it back in their face because it's not $1,000,000.

• Like 3

Agreed; this is the best thing I have read so far.

Ok, so that means get a smile on your face, right?

This doesn't adversely effect any of the rapidly calcifying fan base for drum corps, and MAY lend some outside interest to an activity that hasn't broken the 30,000 fan threshold at Finals in the last 20 years except for ONE time it was in California.

Edited by mobrien

I posted in another thread that I have no clue who this guy is. But what do you guys want? The rolling stones to perform at the championships? Not going to happen.

Those disgusting old coots? Not. I would like to see the Troopers in the championships, however. The Colts. That would be awesome. Someone who's never won before to win - that would be exciting. Stuff like that. I want to see kick azz drum corps performances at the championships. Pop groups, rock groups, country groups, Up With People, Young Americans, church revivals, political rallies, meh. I want drum corps at the drum corps championships. Additional items are fine, I suppose, but not why I go. Does that make me a rotten soul?

• Like 2

Ok, so that means get a smile on your face, right?

This doesn't adversely effect any of the rapidly calcifying fan base for drum corps, and MAY lend some outside interest to an activity that hasn't broken the 30,000 fan threshold at Finals in the last 20 years except for ONE time it was in California.

Since 1972 Chuck Mangione, Steve Young, Chad Sexton, The Blue Man Group, Curt Gowdy, ESPN, and a plethora of others (including corps being in commercials and movies) have promoted DCI and I applaud all of them for their efforts. Nevertheless, the DCI Finals fan base has not changed in numbers that much over the years because we are fan-driven by future marchers, age-outs, and their immediate families. Maybe, just maybe, we are a niche activity and should exist within those parameters without placing ourselves into a major league financial hole attempting to claim something we are not. Just sayin'...

• Like 2

...an activity that hasn't broken the 30,000 fan threshold at Finals in the last 20 years except for ONE time it was in California.

:huh: I wonder why that hasn't been seen as another "solution" for growing attendance. Or has is been turned down/ignored? (I really don't know, genuine question,not sarcasm).

It would be nice if finals was here in California again though! Off topic, but Los Angeles has a huge support for the musical arts. Considering how far in advance most Hollywood Bowl (symphonic) concerts and Walt Disney Concert Hall performances get sold out in advanced...I'm not saying they should do a 10 year contract at the Rose Bowl, but the occassional DCI finals here every few years would be a treat for both Drum Corps fans and those fans of musical arts that pick up a copy of the LA Weekly every Thursday just to see what may catch their interest!

:music: