Weekend scores not announced until Monday night

What? I said part of the show experience is seeing how they placed. I never said it was a big part, major part, only reason, etc. of why I attend. But it is part of the drum corps show experience and (in a way) not announcing the placement/scores makes it akin to a judged exhibition (from BITD).

I am still looking forward to the show (the weather is going to be great and no sun in your eyes - stands face east) and the corps' shows but still believe the fans in the stands aren't getting the complete package that comes with a drum corps competition.

---

:ph34r: DCI could REALLY bring in the $ and build excitement over results by having a theater production 2 days after Finals and announcing the scores then, also :ph34r:

Well,

There's not really a full retreat anymore ( one with corps playing themselves off the field), yet that has happened and no one is complaining... Why bother having retreat/scores at all?

Edited by jjeffeory

Except that it's not an exhibition, and does it really matter that much? I guarantee you the corps' products will be as good as they can be on Saturday, which should not effect your enjoyment of them in the least, score or no score.

I am seriously surprised that this discussion has lasted this long. Then again, it IS DCP. Sigh.

Talk about "first-world problems".

The corps doing the encore is already known, so that's not a consideration.

In listening to the outrage expressed by those who are so upset about the two day delay in getting scores, I just set me to wondeingr. IF next year, DCI were to schedule the season opener, say, here on the west coast, and the only chance to see the performing corps in "simulated live " format was to go to the theater two days later, would these same people ademently, without hesitation or reserve, still vocally insist that DCI announce the show results at the live show?

Not trying to make a point here, just curious.

• Like 1

In listening to the outrage expressed by those who are so upset about the two day delay in getting scores, I just set me to wondeingr. IF next year, DCI were to schedule the season opener, say, here on the west coast, and the only chance to see the performing corps in "simulated live " format was to go to the theater two days later, would these same people ademently, without hesitation or reserve, still vocally insist that DCI announce the show results at the live show?

Absolutely 100%. Can't stand on principle if you are willing to flip flop to a perceived benefit. I'd feel exactly the same way about it.

Well, There's not really a full retreat anymore ( one with corps playing themselves off the field), yet that has happened and no on is complaining... Why bother having retreat/scores at all?

Personally I'd prefer full retreats, but there are enough dead horses here on DCP already (and I'm sure there was complaining about it at some point). As far as your second question - so you're saying after the last corps is done, just leave? Huh...it's already weird enough that those of us who stay and applaud the winners are only applauding the DM...

In listening to the outrage expressed by those who are so upset about the two day delay in getting scores, I just set me to wondeingr. IF next year, DCI were to schedule the season opener, say, here on the west coast, and the only chance to see the performing corps in "simulated live " format was to go to the theater two days later, would these same people ademently, without hesitation or reserve, still vocally insist that DCI announce the show results at the live show? Not trying to make a point here, just curious.

A West Coast season opener?!?! I would go to the theater show in a heartbeat, whether or not the scores had already been announced - I would want to see the shows and knowing who won in advance wouldn't bother me.

Absolutely 100%. Can't stand on principle if you are willing to flip flop to a perceived benefit. I'd feel exactly the same way about it.

Well, I'll give you props on that,; I appreciate your honesty and consistency on that regard. Truthfully, my gut tells me that many might find themselves thinking, "Well, I guess I would PREFER to get the scores at the theater rather than beforehand, were the situation reversed", and maybe be a tad bit less vocal on the issue. (Of course, I'm old and cynical, so what do I know? :tongue: )

no. people on the West Coast would

you know this is what they did last year and the world didn't end. I wasn't able to attend the shows in Texas since I live in DC, so going to the theater and seeing the shows without knowing the outcome was cool.

This year I'm going to be in Akron for the Bluecoats 40th anniversary reunion and will be attending the show. Do I wish the scores were being announced so I would know who won on saturday and how The Bluecoats did? Yes, but I'll find out on Monday like everyone else so it's really not that big a deal.

• Like 3